Atomik Reign 150cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradZ_09

Reaction score
hey all, some of you may have read my previous post and what bike to buy. I have decided to be annoying and get none of what is on the list, and instead looking at buying an Atomik Reign Bigfoot 150. What are these bikes like? I have heard that a certain Atomik has a front wheel too big for the bike, and at full suspension compression, the front wheel hits the bash plate. Is it this bike?:confused: :confused:

get an 09 pitpro 140cc bigfoot, the front wheel doesnt hit the bash plate on the 09, pit pro fixed that problem

Hey, Ive bought one of these. Great bike and i haven't had any troubles with it. Lifan 150cc goes hard, heaps of torque off idle and good top-end. Just make sure u check everything is nice and tight and locktite the important stuff. I ride mine pretty hard(dont do big jumps on it or anything) and i maintain it well. Haven't broken anything yet. I usually change the oil after just about every ride. it only takes 700mls to fill, and oils cheap.

Dunno where the sorry of the front wheel hitting the bash plate came from, it hasn't come close for me. Standard chink chain is crap though, it streches heaps and has tight spots. Have had to adjust it like 4 times in around 15 hours use. I will buy a decent brand one to replace it with, and then there shouldn't be a problem. Apart from that, awesome bike considering the price you pay for it!

Thanks for that, because the only thing holding me back was wether the front wheel hits bash plate.

Any bike has the chance of bottoming out it suspension if not adjusted right.

Does it have adjustable clicker on the forks or are they just set springs?

No idea, but ive heard the problem is this bikes sus travel is severly cut down becasue of this front wheel.

i was just saying it was my opinion and if he wants a bike with bigger wheels n he likes it then i have no problem with it...

Thas exactly why. And it also shuts dad up as he doesnt like me and my pitties :(

hmmm, i thought i had posted in this thread!

anyway, my mate has got a big wheeler! i personally do not like it, nor does he! atomic might have sorted the gearing issue out but his is useless, it is very gutless through all gears they over compensated the larger wheels do not help the issue either

i would go for the pitpro 150xr personally

Last edited:
yehhh good point

just grab a 150xr and put pro tapers on it and some decent grips thn get into the bling

sorry for the long winded post

Personally speaking from my own horrible experience steer well clear of atomiks. I have had one of these Reign 150's for 8 weeks now and have only had the thing running for 20 minutes tops. Ive had problems since day 1, when i rode it out bush and it just died on me, and had me stuck in the bush for 2 hours at the bottom of a steep hill, the engine will kick over but will not stay running.
I have tried contacting atomik about it via their "Fault Form" on the net. First time took 3 week to contact me, (i tried calling but just got put on hold 3 times for 45 minutes before i gave up) when i finnaly got into contact via email they said to take into an atomik workshop, which i did. This workshop had it two weeks (i gave them ample time didn't want to hassel them too much) and when i went to check whether they'd had it running they said they were "too busy to look at it yet". So i got pissed off, they said they'd look at it later that day. They managed to get it running, so i took it home. Got it home and i couldn't get it running again. So i took it back, same thing "too busy to look at it".... fukin bullshitt i say....
I am now just gonna swap my old motor into my new bike as i am over trying to get anything from these hopeless people. They say they offer full support, warrantee and all this crap when all they wanna do is sell more bikes and not look after you once you have left the shop. If i was in their shoes id want to get a perviously sold bike running as this is how you get return customers....

I have always been a PitPro person, i have bought and assembled three pitpro's now for my mates and we love em, never had one problem with them EVER! And we ride everyweekend and ride pretty hard.
Reason i bought an atomik is pitpro didnt have a 150 available when i wanted a new bike so i thought i'd try an atomik again after my first bike (an atomik) fell to bits after 4 months riding. Never again... Never ever again.... Screw Atomiks, they are shit.....

Well... After 9 weeks and threats to go to consumer affairs they've fixed it. Turns out the magneto/stator had loose wires... They have now fitted an inner rotor kit and it fangs....

had mine for a month now..

love it to death!

I got the 140 and have nothing bad to say about it at all, or atomiks customer service, never had 1 problem with them.

likewise pittin...if you have a customer service enquiry call after 2pm and ask for CHRIS

sorted my stuff out in seconds

I got the 140 and have nothing bad to say about it at all, or atomiks customer service, never had 1 problem with them.

I'd really hafta say i had nothing BUT problems with their customer service. their product is good but waiting 9 weeks to have my bike fixed is a little overboard. I have worked in similar businesses before and your main priorty is keeping customers happy so they buy again and spread the word of a good product. I wont be buying another atomik.

And i like how you say "call after 2pm and ask for CHRIS" because i was on the phone (well put on hold) for a total of 4 hours trying to sort it... and i never once got through to anyone to even ask for a "chris".

But anyway, bike is ok now, just waiting for the next thing to malfunction though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back