Atomik Reign, Lifan 150, Big Foot questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Helicoils are spring loaded, so when you turn it into the thread the spring compress's, once it's fitted and the tab broken off then it's not going to move.
Also the head of the bolt will stop it turning in deeper, so it's shouldn't matter either way

Ah I see, thanks, So I only need to drill and tap enough new thread to insert the heli-coil flush with the case, Cheers

Heli-coil has been installed, awesome!

Now... I have a shim that came out when I split the cases... Any idea where it goes? I have a feeling it goes on the shaft which goes onto the bearing which sits in the left hand crank case... No idea what they are, but do you recall which shafts had shims on them?

I think it only fits on a couple of shafts, and one of them has a c clip on it... If I recall correctky

I don't think it goes there.... It doesn't fit on
Here are some pics

Last edited:
Well, got it all back together and ****... It's stuck in ****ing neutral, I can't pull up into any gears :frustrated:

So i'm guessing have to take it apart all again... Any ideas what the problem could be? so frustrating...

Did you work out that washer ?
I have a feeling it may have been for the gearbox countershaft, the short shaft in between the output shaft and the crankshaft.
Does it have any witness marks on it that line up with the shaft ?

Would you say that's what it is for? What other reasons could it be jammed up for?

Is the gearbox counter shaft the one with the bigspring on it?

If I take off head and barrel and stator and flywheel and everything again, And I loosen the clutch cover, shouldn't it shift gears then as theres no pressure jamming whatever it is... if that makes sense?

Cheers, after removing the cover it's shifting fine again, So i'll swap that washer over and see it goes, I broke the gasket near the barrel end so i'll see if thats re-usable..

Bit confused, My gears will barely select now, and are really hard to get into... i still have the cover off and was shifting through the gears with it off. Now it won't really change gears at all, is there some downward pressure required from the case to push the gearbox together, or have a bent the shifter fork somehow?

You'll need to have it in Neutral to put it together.
If you been changing gears without it together and the gears may have moved on the shafts etc
The dogs could be locking up or shift forks may be out of position etc

Still having a bit of difficulty, Can get every gear except neutral, have pretty much turned every gear to get the dogs to line up and stuff lol... Any other ideas?

Is neutral a "gear" per say? Is there a neutral gear or is it it just nothing?

Neutral is a position in the gearbox that allows the front sprocket to turn either way, there will be a little bit of resistance

Have you tried moving the gear lever while turning the sprocket a little ?
Is the clutch cover fitted to the engine ?

I'll try that whilst turning the sprocket

Clutch cover is fitted, left hand cover isn't

Matt

EDIT: Turns out having it on its side pressed one of the shafts in and prevented it from shifting, All good now.

Last edited:
i have just just pulled down a Lifan 140 to replace a bent crankshaft, and iv'e found where that washer goes.
It for the end of the kick start shaft.

I'm hoping that's where I put mine lol... Ah well, we will see when I start it! :p

Latest posts

Back