Atomik Reign, Lifan 150, Big Foot questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm well I obviously didn't get it on the right one lol. There's play in the shaft, and the shaft isn't springing back. I believe I didn't put the spring back on the correct place, so woulda had to take it apart again anyway

Gee i'm getting good at tearing it down lol

Could anyone give me an indication on how the kickstarter spring sits? Other pics on the net show there's a hole drilled in the crank case for the spring end to sit into but it seems like the Lifan doesn't have one... Had a fair bit of a dig

Also, is it normal for the kickstarter spindle to have say 5mm of play in it? I actually did put that shim on the kickstarter one... Still had some play in it, and wondering if that was there beforehand

The kick start spring is a bit tricky to get in, as you are putting the cases together the spring hooks over a section in the L/H case that juts out a bit.
It needs to have tension on the spring, you have to push it back hard to compress it to hook it in.
And you need to make sure the shaft doesn't move out too much too otherwise the ratchet can slip

The play is taken up by another washer on the R/h side of the engine, it sits on the end of the shaft before the clutch cover goes on.

I'll try and get some pics tomorrow for you

Ah sounds confusing, will have a nother look after school... Cheers

Hey Craig,

Just wondering if you can help with the spring now ive got the gasket set, do I have to pull it back whilst putting the case on, or can you just line it up then put the case on...

Cheers

Also, which bit does the spring sit in?Photo 25-02-2015 5 17 24 pm.png

Last edited:
The spring hooks over the top flat, the one that's parrallel to the engines' bottom
Spring is fitted preloaded(under tension) so you need to hook it in before the case's are assembled.
Make sure it's at the beginning of the kick stroke too
They are a bit tricky to fit from the l/h side .
It would be easier doing it the other way around, have the crank/rod, gearbox and shift drum sitting in the l/h case then fit the r/h case onto that

Cheers Craig

Wow, it started! :p
Getting a bit late so i'll leave it til tomorrow or something but yeah, she ran :p

Still have to hook up clutch cables and bashplate and reroute cables and stuff but i'm quite surprised :p

Went to go for my first ride and got a flat in the rear... Took out the rear bearings too and they're screwed!

They're size 6202, Would the front bearings be the same size also?

If it has 15mm axles they should be the same.
Make sure the replacement bearings have rubbers seals, 6202 2RS

Yeah will get the double sided seal ones, strange because it says "6202DW"
Normally it'd say 6202-2RS wouldn't it?

Latest posts

Back