Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKOALAman

Reaction score
I have the Atomik Reign Bigfoot 160cc.

I want to know how best to stiffen the forks as when I jump the bike not only are they too soft but the also bottom out.

Also what mods or upgrades have other riders used on these bikes?
Cheers

You might be able to change the fork oil to something a bit thicker also maybe a small spacer in the spring to add a bit of preload
Or just upgrade the whole front end to some high quality forks the reign ones are pretty bad so is the rear shock

You might be able to change the fork oil to something a bit thicker also maybe a small spacer in the spring to add a bit of preload
Or just upgrade the whole front end to some high quality forks the reign ones are pretty bad so is the rear shock
Any recommendations or both for oils to use or new suspension setup?
Thanks

Not to sure but I would think the oil they put in them would be cheap nasty crap so anything would prob be an upgrade it’ll be a bit of trial and error but I’d start with a 10 w fork oil and go from there brand is up to u but like I said any would prob be better than what’s in them
As for new forks I’ve got no idea what’s out there I e got DNM forks on my pitty and there good for me but hard to find any info about them
There are a few reputable ones out there but you’ll be spending some hard earned on the front of your bike
I’d start with having a play with what u got first and if something popped up within a reasonable price then why not

Welcome to miniriders mate your best trying a different fork oil coz the stock oil in them isn't the best 10w is thicker if that doesn't help you might have to get some new ones depending on your budget there a lots of decent forks look at some gpx forks on Dhz they also sell good priced rear shocks too then you have fast ace and marzocchi on the more expensive side

My grandson has a 50cc auto atomic im not familiar with bike but is it normal that you cant select neutral when you have selected a gear? The only time you can get out of gear is to turn it off

It could be clutch related. Hopefully, guys with more knowledge will be along soon to help you.
Noticing the date, any updates?

And welcome by the way.

You are right it was clutch related turn out it was incorrectly adjusted and would only select 2 gears so i readjusted and now have all 4 gears working and it goes into neutral now

You are right it was clutch related turn out it was incorrectly adjusted and would only select 2 gears so i readjusted and now have all 4 gears working and it goes into neutral now
Got any pics of the bike? Please post only when able.

Latest posts

Back