Atomik RS 125cc 2007

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Atomik RS are shocking bikes, Frame seems to be half decent though, but i'd still rather take it up the ass than buy one.

What's wrong with the Atomik RS? Genuinely curious. Engine? Frame strength? Suspension? Brakes? Bars? Handling? Or something that can't be easily/cheaply adjusted/upgraded? Say it's $300 for new good suspension. Just a wild guess, but that's equiv to 6 slabs of beer.

I don't own a mini. I've got a KX450F-06 which is very different. A friend has a TTR125 which is fun, and I assume a pitbike must be more even more fun than a TTR125. So I will get a pit bike this year. Not sure which one. I'd rather buy the shocks/forks/bars etc that I like as I learn more, and just start with a decent frame+engine. The Atomik RS (BSE ??) at 65kg looks real good - to me - for $700! As does the ProX 140cc bike and only 11kg heavier.

Last edited:
The engine in the RS is garbage, suspention is too. upgrade that and your laughing.

The engine in the RS is garbage, suspention is too. upgrade that and your laughing.

Interesting. Some Lifan and Ducar engines get great wraps, others don't.

Can you tell me more about the RS's engine problems? ie. Power? Reliability?

Are most Lifan and Ducar 125 and 140cc engines interchangable via engine mounts?

I am wondering for example if the engine from the proX-140 can drop into this bike. The proX-140 is heavy (76kg).

Last edited:
i dont know what the major differences are, but the rs is better, but frame wise, being slightly longer i went for an ax..........price wise it was in my ball park for 450! which i think is a bargain.

though i havent riden an rs, only a MotoX which the AX obviously leaves for dead

lol an atomik moto x is way better than a ax, ax have really bad frames.

the motox frame, well put simply there didnt feel like there was alot in it. was fairly thin at parts. just in comparison an ax seemed shitloads better, has coped with my riding so its doin well.......

are you saying the ax is shit? because it seems fine to me, better than the motox to me and was just wondering about the rs! because i've seen a couple put around but haven't seen them close up or riden one

also just wondering whats wrong with the frames of the ax?

ok.....will keep an eye out for this, got no problems as of yet. gonna get it rec reg'd, runs well so will see how long it lasts

I'm really happy with my RS so far, though I have only taken it bush just the once. I plan on getting it rec reg'd so I can ride it legally in the bush. The frame looks pretty strong, the engine starts first kick, the suspension is a little soft but not too bad and I will try adjust it up a bit, the chain stretched to buggery on the first ride and needs to be replaced and the bolt holding the fuel tank on was on an angle and crossthreaded but was easily fixed. Overall, for $615, I reckon it's a bargain.

Ninjamaster, hey mate.. I had an RS too.. you can see some of my youtube videos of me on the RS, used to give it a bit of a floggin.. and yeah, you'll need to adjust the shock.. Each time I tried to kick the RS it would nearly bottom out the back LOL.. anyway. if you are interested in the vids go on youtube and search "apwminis".. Heaps of vids not only the RS, but my Atomik nitrous too.. GOOD LUCK!

Cheers Benox. My rear shock certainly isn't that soft but can certainly do with a bit of "tinkering". :) Looks like you had a lot of fun on the ol' RS. I might head down to Frankston track this weekend so can run it in some more and my brothers MotoX. Will see how I go.

Yeah mate, Keep us posted.. Always like to hear of a satisfied rider on their new bike hittin the tracks aye! :D RS was actually a really fantastic bike, the first time I rode it.. I was basically blown away at the power of it.. Road it around the streets constantly.. Good old days.. LOL. I was even stupid enough to ride over gutters and dinted both wheels.. Called up atomik and got a swap for an atomik Nitrous hahahaha.

hey

hey guys umm just wonderin if the rs is a good bike my mates buyin one he wants to know if its worth it or not:)

Hi just wondering can you see any differance in the motor from the standerd 125 comperd 2 thiss big bore verision im looking for a new bike and want 2 know if its worth it

Thanks

I just want to no if there is mutch differance betwene the big bore and stock 125s not the 140

I like the frame on the rs it looks stronger than the nitrous frame as im just looking for somthing fun not to race

Are the 140s mutch louder than the 125s?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back