Australia Post - Disappointed

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlts

Certified Computer Nerd
Reaction score
I've given them many chances but they've given me no more reason to continue using them.

Lost 2 parcels, 1 I sent and 1 receiving in the last 3 weeks and also waiting on another parcel which has been 3 weeks now.

I understand mistakes happen, but when it happens to 80% of my parcels it starts to peeve me off. Going into chat with them they are no help and I get the same response, you can submit a "Customer Query Form" sir.

Online number is also a sham, no matter when I call I am always greeted with the same message "Sorry all our operators are busy" before I am put on hold, after 20mins I get over waiting.

My review is just that and it's purely my opinion and experiences with this company. Of course I will still use have to use them but out of interest what good alternatives have you guys have used?

Carlton

Last edited:
I've had the same issues with them
Lost 2 of the same parcels that were resent. Still waiting 6-7 weeks later

Holy crap I'm glad i didn't send the Daytona motor to Mick through Aus post then thats unacceptable ! I've never had issues with them tho and i get a lot of stuff delivered through them too....

i use Aust Post for all of my stuff, but i only send it via registered post or express post, both require signatures to recieve.
this is for Ebay stuff i sell and buy (600+ items), and through here too.
i have only had 1 item go missing in 7 years.

registered cost $3 extra, and has insurance for items up to $100, that get lost or damaged
and you can pay a bit more insurance for items worth more than that.

^^^ Thats the way to do it. I got a tracking number, but seems to just have dropped off the radar after the 17th,

This is for an item being sent to a suburb in the same state.

the tracking numbers will only show up when it arrives at your local post office.
i cant remember how long you had to wait to make a claim?

I sent a pair of fork tubes via Aus post. I sent it 500klms. Paid top dollar for platnium next day selivery.
Took 8 days.

Brought a mobile phone. Waited 5 days for it. heard a bang on the porch. opened the door and there was my phone. On the porch with a smashed box and a Aus post van flying off down the road before I could catch him.

the tracking numbers will only show up when it arrives at your local post office.
i cant remember how long you had to wait to make a claim?

Yeah, mine showed when it left from the dhz and then a little later on in the week it showed up online (but the door notification came first of cause)

Im currently using Pack and Send carlts, this is the company who is delivering the 150 4v daytona from nick, there postage was $76 just the same as it was from aus post and was all done thru the net and paid for also, it is warranted and insured for $600 and once the item is received i will get back to you mate, the good thing about pack and send is that no account is required and there is quite a few options for there services, i.e pickup and delivered, drop of at a depot, they can hold for you until needs sending on a different date(in case your out of town and cant be delivered till a special time), Well i did say the good thing about pack and send but until my monster donk arrives i wont say anymore. Watch this space for my review on pack and send.

Oh yeah i was sending some small parts thru Aus post i sold thru miniriders and had blokes PMing me asking had i sent it, i would send a copy of the receipt and also send registered with insurance, but all things aside Aus post has been shockingly slow in the last 6 months and has become somewhat scary to send or receive thru them.

^^^^ Thanks Mick, I will check it out. I have heard rumours of late that Aus Posts main sorting machine is playing up and can only run at half capacity?

Any future parcels I will consider that option mate, let me know how it goes ey!

Last edited:
The bars were delivered at last - thankfully. Took from the 13/04 - 2/05 to get from Brisbane to Townsville....

Swingarm am still waiting on at this stage

i Hate Aus post atm too i ordered a heap of aeroflow fittings and 6an braided line from 95kms away on wed and i highly doubt i will see the goods till next week its a joke its only an hours drive away and it will take a week to get here !! idiots .....

I have tracking it hasn't even left wetheril park which is 3 kms from the shop i brought the stuff from

I've been waiting on a seat cover from the states and I've got tracking info until it hit Australia and now nothing it's been about a month now. It's ridiculous how hit an miss they are at the moment and ****s me to tears when waiting to do stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

imagesCAFWJFLL_zps9ce507e4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And if they are not getting bogged they are doing this. No wonder Australia Post have crap service.
mail-21_zps0678cdd0.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

THATS IT IM FIXING MY POSTIE... Time to shoe them how to burn rubber

Latest posts

Back