Axle and rear wheel help!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emilio

Reaction score
Hey everyone, recently took my bike into motorbike city toget them to go threw my bike, the fixed the engine, took 2 weeks... Then forced the, to put rear brakes and a tube in it because I needed it for weekend, they say my axle and rear wheel and axle are 12mm and need to be 15mm? Is there anyway I can mack it work? The rear brake is close to the caliper aswell! It's a motovert 110cc frame! Any help will be great! I think I need to cut the spacers down to fit the caliper in between the caliper!

Some pics of the caliper to disc clearance might show us if you need to change spacer sizes.

But the slots for the axle in your rear swingarm, are they 15mm ?
If so you can buy an adapter bush for them, someone in the UK sells them but i can't remember who atm
They look a bit like this

$_12.JPG

the other thing you could do is to find some tube with 15mm o/d and 12mm i/d, then cut a couple of pieces to fit into your swingarm to make up the gap

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Last edited:
Some pics of the caliper to disc clearance might show us if you need to change spacer sizes.

But the slots for the axle in your rear swingarm, are they 15mm ?
If so you can buy an adapter bush for them, someone in the UK sells them but i can't remember who atm
They look a bit like this

$_12.JPG

the other thing you could do is to find some tube with 15mm o/d and 12mm i/d, then cut a couple of pieces to fit into your swingarm to make up the gap

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Thank you man! Do you by any chance know where i could find the tube? Local hardware shop? You have been a real help! Sorry if been buggin just really keen to get bike up and goin,also,how do I go about spacing? If there any length that needs to be exact? Or just try make it as close from the hub to the swing arm on nighs sides as equal? Thanks My67Xr

Nah, there isn't an exact measurement for setting up the rear wheel spacing as there's too many variables with different swingarm type's, different hubs and rear caliper mounts etc.
I have a stack of steel scrap i use, but yeah a hardware shop might have something suitable ?
I reckon you'd only find something in mild steel, so they will need replacing every so often.
If you cant find anything that you can use, a lot of Bearing shops have reducer bush's too, and might even have something the correct thickness that you need.
eg; f your swingarm is alloy and is 5mm thick, you'll need a 5mm thick spacer.
Bush's from a bearing shop will last a lot longer too as they'll be high tensile steel.

When setting it all up try and centralize the hub in the swingarm, then do the l/h spacer first.
once that's done you can make the spacer to go in between the hub and caliper mount,
And make sure that the inner disc pad has at least 1mm clearance to the back of the disc before the brake is applied.

Thanks Craig! I should be getting my bike back from the shop tomorrow! If I have any questions I'll ask you, after I do all the the next step will be bleeding! The brakes! I'll check around at the bearing shops see if they have anything suitable!

Latest posts

Back