Back from th dead z50r

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattrix79

Reaction score
Well here it is, my first build. Not a show piece by any means but a tidy little runner that me and the kids are havin a ball on already!!
IMG_0774.JPG

475.jpg

thats awesome
great work man
what sort of dollars did it take to bring it back to life?
TK

thats awesome
great work man
what sort of dollars did it take to bring it back to life?
TK

Well I got ripped off buying the original bike. $180 got me a frame and motor. The rest of the stuff was either buggered or not off a z50r. I got most of the other parts off a mate and eBay for about $600, did all the sandblasting and paint myself. So all up probably $800. Worth every penny.

Well Done Matt!
It looks a whole lot better in your hands than when I had it.
What's your NEXT project? Matching JZ?

Well Done Matt!
It looks a whole lot better in your hands than when I had it.
What's your NEXT project? Matching JZ?

Cheers Hector. I'm stoked with how it's turned out, although it's not performing well at mid to high revs, nashy thinks it might be the condenser. Might grab a j frame off russel for the next one. I've been offered a qa50 complete for cheap but I'm not sure.

Found it!!

Just had a phone call from a guy with a complete z50j in good nick just missing the lights for a couple of hundred bucks. I'm on holiday now but I'm looking at it on Monday !!

Just had a phone call from a guy with a complete z50j in good nick just missing the lights for a couple of hundred bucks. I'm on holiday now but I'm looking at it on Monday !!

Is it still gonna be there Monday or do u need someone to grab it for you?

Is it still gonna be there Monday or do u need someone to grab it for you?

Cheers hec, nashy has already offered but I fear I may never get to see it!!! He hasn't advertised it any where so should be fine. He has seen my wanted ad at work.

Latest posts

Back