Been ripped off by another member..What to do?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Le|Garage

Reaction score
Been ripped off by another member..What to do? Resolved Kinda...

Before you read on, the guy's offered to send me a replacement head, he said he will post it. hopefully i get it soon

some of you guys would have seen my thread trying to swap my motor in the classifieds section.

http://www.miniriders.com.au/mini-c...e-bored-stroked-cam-high-compression-etc.html

I stated clearly that i wanted a good condition running engine.

Anyway, another member (FMXCR250R) offered to swap me for a lifan 140cc engine that came as a spare in one of his bikes. After a few pm's back and foreward he said he was told that the engine was running good, and kept saying that if it was anything it'd just be abit smokey and need new rings.

So i was keen on this, a set of new rings was no problem. He traded me this motor and $100 ontop. I threw in a brand new tb300 race cam & gear, brand new valve springs, brand new valves along with a 28mm carb, and the short engine.

Got home and realised there was literally no compression. You could turn the flywheel over by hand without putting much pressure on it at all. Did a compression test and got 70psi, suspected bent valve. Wouldnt start or even puff.

Told him this and all i got back was "oh right i can give you another head off a running motor" After a few messages back and foreward he refuses to give me back my motor and take his back. i got was "i told you what i was told mate so dont start blaming me" Exact words. He told me he was told it was running & he said it would only be rings if anything.

Now all he's offering to do is give me a head. Yet we were discussing the other night when he said he doesnt even think he has a lifan 140 head lying around.

End rant. Just seems like this was intentionally planned. I wanted to do a genuine swap just for something standard easier to ride. Stripping the top end and repairing things isnt too hard, just annoyed because it's deffinatly not what i wanted. Total cost to build the motor was $500+ by the way.

Last edited:
Unfortunately all we can do is ban him mate .... which we will cheerfully do .

However experience has taught us to give the accused member a day or two to respond / make good .. that way you may get your motor back.

Clock is running FMXCR250R

Unfortunately all we can do is ban him mate .... which we will cheerfully do .

However experience has taught us to give the accused member a day or two to respond / make good .. that way you may get your motor back.

Clock is running FMXCR250R

Thanks for the support, just told him i'd take the head if it was complete, havent heard back yet. Tried calling but no answer.

thats a bit shitty sorry to here mate, did you go to his house to swap? if so go back there and thretten not to leave untill u get your engine back . or call cops to go aswell but there wont be any proof:( i dunno mate sad to here tho

thats a bit shitty sorry to here mate, did you go to his house to swap? if so go back there and thretten not to leave untill u get your engine back . or call cops to go aswell but there wont be any proof:( i dunno mate sad to here tho

Nah mate, met up with the bloke half way to make the drive shorter because he lived about 60 k's away.

and he still ows me money for a chain slider and fork guards too

That's not too good to hear either. Hope you resolve that. he said he'll send me the head in the post, but will have to wait and see if it comes. Still pretty upset, but at least he is doing something. I guess i cant really do much about it now. Just wait and see if i recieve it and give him a chance

Last edited:
Man Le garage ... why didn't you just detune your modified motor back to running like a stocker ? Never buy or swap anything on info that's based on "hear say" ...

Man Le garage ... why didn't you just detune your modified motor back to running like a stocker ? Never buy or swap anything on info that's based on "hear say" ...

Ah well, Lesson learnt for next time! Problem was i didnt have the standard carb/piston/cylinder etc..

:p shoulda sold it to me:)

nah, that shit sux the big one. ppl are buttwipes and we dont need that sorta crap going on.

hope it all works out, but i think theres some prick out there cheering cause hes gotten a worked engine for 100 plus scrap metal...

post his number and well all give him the whats for, ey?

very unlucky mate..

i have been ripped before aswell but no one on here....
i have learnt my lession if i cant pick it up my self then i wont buy it..

I must say thanks for posting this thread mate as it reminded me I owe steve111 $50.

As for this guy give him a while to explain himself because it could be a genuine mistake, people do make mistakes. But if he doesn't try to fix the problem I think a ban is about all the mods could do. Giving out his number so every one can rag on him seems like a bad idea to me.

what state does he live in?? Anyone in for a drive by!! We could try to rip his 'head'off?

Well let's hear what he has to say before we send a posse eh crew ?

Like Ranga said it may have been unintentional ....that doesn't change or excuse the fact that goods promised were not as advertised which still puts the obligation on FMXCR250R to make things right .

I understand everyone's feelings but think threats of drivebys and home invasions may be a bit counter productive at this point so let's see what he has to say.:cool:

Last edited:
ahwell.. forget about it not really much we can do. Just wait to see if i do get this head. when i do, just means i got to put abit more money and effort into getting it running.

Le/Garage Mate im sorry to hear this ,i can post his IP no, for ppl to play with if they like

you dont deseve this nor does anybody but this man certainly not ,mate plz dont disheartened your a valuable member here and would be a sad day to see you go ,not saying you are but well you know what i mean

i was stoked to see you post as i was wondering where you were ,beeen a while since i seen one of your informative post's ,you still got the same bike and such ?

anyways good to see you and i hope all turns out ok mate

Sean

no lol i wouldnt justa could tho if ya no what i mean ,but i would never ,thats not my call

Latest posts

Back