Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might just need to clean out the carby and make sure there is no old fuel or bits and pieces of crap in there....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the carby slide might be in the wrong way around
undo the top and lift it out, there is a slot on one side and a notch in the bottom of the other.
make sure the small notch is on the idle screw side, so facing outwards

Carby is new, wouldn't think there would be anything in it, but will check it out anyway. Have checked the slide and its in correctly. Will play with it over the weekend and see how I go..

so how far off the bottom of the carby bore is the slide sitting ?

i'm guessing you have backed off the cable adjustment at the throttle and tried it then

The below picture is where the slide currently sits
8a00bc4f567d11f9c969e9d6ff60c689.jpg

Yea I have made sure I loosened the throttle cable so it wasn't already pulling the slide up.

Any thoughts?

yes,
in your pic, the big screw to the left with the spring on it is the idle speed screw, it's screwed in too far.
start the bike, and slowly undo it to lower the idle speed

the slide look's like it is around the wrong way too!!

The slide has the notch facing towards the idle screw, I don't think the slide fits the other way??
Ok il play with the idle next w/e, thanks for your help mate

Picked up some speed forks a month or so ago, and have the 88 kit and carbie running smooth now. Almost got it where to where I want it..
e49133f5e0c46db396da9a207f145714.jpg

4059c60ab6f8cd848f9eeb53fa57ef1c.jpg

bd978f01b0d87e0e096ed8de1c203f8c.jpg

Latest posts

Back