bent rim

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hallzee

Reaction score
Any ideas on fixing a bent rim??
it looks as if someone as ridden prettymuch straight in to a curb or something and the walls of the rim at what appears to be the point of impact had flared outwards.. Moreso on one side than the other...

It still rides fine has a bit of a wobble to it. I just don't know what implications this damage to the rim will have in the future.

Ill post a pic a bit later when I get home.

me thinks a motovert,

you can do a dodgy for a slight fix (youd still wanna replace it) by hitting it with a rubber mallet, it will straigten the buckle a little but you wont get it back to how it was

The risks you take when you are having a Suburban Trash 'ey mate?

Just buy a new one, they are cheap as.

Yeh that crossed my mind. Not to keen to spend the $$$ though I might try to beat it into shape and then just keep an eye on it. Can I just get any make wheel and put it on it or do I have to get another motovert one.

Cheers

Yeh that crossed my mind. Not to keen to spend the $$$ though I might try to beat it into shape and then just keep an eye on it. Can I just get any make wheel and put it on it or do I have to get another motovert one.

Dude...save some $$ and buy a new rim. Dont be dodgey, it will only come back to haunt you later

motovert rims are different to most.. but small wheel deals in brissy has some that are compatible..

with photos

have a gander

Attachments

• IMG00432-20101025-2039.jpg
    IMG00432-20101025-2039.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG00428-20101025-2037.jpg
    IMG00428-20101025-2037.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 11
wow thats a lot cheaper than i expected, so much cheaper than motovert

do you think i will be able to use the original hub? love that green..

thanks

i dont know alot about the motoverts, but you may have to use your hub and spokes?

if its only the one side pull it off the bike take the tyre off
put a block of wood against the inside edge of the bead and bash it back in with a rubber mallet

you will never get it perfect but you will get it good enough to use again

the majority of damage is done to that side you can see, there is some but not much damage to the other side

i dont know alot about the motoverts, but you may have to use your hub and spokes?

does anyone know of anywhere on the goldcoast i could take my bike where i could be told for certain before i purchase anything.?

if its only the one side pull it off the bike take the tyre off
put a block of wood against the inside edge of the bead and bash it back in with a rubber mallet

you will never get it perfect but you will get it good enough to use again

when i get time ill do that and make a how to for it, haha it will either depending on how it turns out be titled how to fix a wheel or how to further ruin a wheel.

Latest posts

Back