Best bike for 1000 bucks

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qwerty123

Reaction score
whats the best bike to get for 1000 bucks?

is it possible to get a bike bigger than a Bigfoot frame wise (longer)

and would it be decent?

ive looked at the atomik reign bigfoot 160 but i want something a little bit bigger.

Well if you wanted the most RELIABLE Bike for $1000...hands down a Honda CRF50 :)

Wouldnt know about a Decent China for $1000 though.

GoodLuck with whatever you decide on anyways!

i think anything bigger than a "bigfoot" sized bike would be a full sized bike. Atomik made a couple, i cant see them on ebay any more (proX, ProXR, ect)

Motovert also make full size bikes but u will be up for more than 1K

thanks for the link that's not a bad idea what do you reckon take the old motor (125cc) chuck it on a atomik 50 and buy a yx160 for the bike

^^^^They introduced the 150cc version.... i got in early and got the 125.... Another $150 would have got the 150 motor..... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :( :( :(
Still, i dont like the look of that motor.... looks a little odd.....
Meh, my 150 build will still be better. i have better quality turd polish...
dammit.... :(

oh, and coincidentally qwerty123, as far as i can see, it's actually a pretty good bike, and the ergos are a shiteload better than the average bigfoot minibike... read both my build thread and review, will give you a bit of an idea of the bike, but yeah, as far as how the bike "feels", i like this one heaps better than any midsize framed mini with 17/14 tyres on it... both threads give a fair idea of how long this bike is too... much more stable than the usual minis...

good idea but get a 155z not a yx160, that ktm thingy is one of a kind there's nothing else like it on the market except I think 85 2t's and 150 4t's are similar in size and geometry which are obviously out your price range. plus you'll be able to watch thump140's build and steal his mod ideas

thanks guy for your help i am seriously thinking about getting this bike now just not sure if its worth the extra cash for the 150 because the engine does look dodgey.
i like the idea of the 155z but price wise is it worth it?

yeah if you really want to, get the 155z they are probably one of the best engines on the market besides the daytona's.

how much do you reckon a 155z would cost?

i saw on eBay from dhz $699

but i know for a fact dhz all ways have rip off prices

WTF X2!!!!!! DHZ is rapidly becoming the number one store to source parts from, for good reason!! lol

they may do, but in my experience their parts dont always come satisfactorily and i dunno about there service but to me it wasnt great as everyone makes it out to be, but thats just what i experienced some of you others have seen different

Latest posts

Back