Best engine mod on a Honda z50?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok to clarify :- stroked and bored total would be 115cc . Running the pipe in the picture ( small pic i know) kitaco high level carbon . will have a 20 mil carb n probs a k&n filter . will need to be ported and a hiigh lift cam but, I'm sure this would give good enough performance . I'm sticking to the 8 inch wheels with duro tyres fitted . The only chinese parts are the sensible front end with oil filled forks and disc brake (going faster is great ,stopping faster is a must !) . only part to work out is the make and type of carb . oh yeah it's a 4 speed manual and the sprockets have been uprated already

Progress so far. I decided to fit the 85cc barrel and piston ( marked as 49cc )so I could judge each mod as installed . Also discovered the head was a small valve type and changed this for one I had kicking around off a 100cc ( long stroke ) quad engine . noticed the original inlet manifold had a restricted hole so, rectified this and refitted with the original carb and air filter . The end result of this work is I now have a bike that can pull in 4th from 20mph and touch 50mph on the flat ,briefly as still running in at the moment and keep up with in town traffic . will run like this for a month or so and then stroke the engine/change carb. how hard is it to drill the oil way and fit a high flow oil pump ?

easy to drill takes no time, but youre gunna have to pull the top end you just put on to do it. Also if you dont have a clutch nut socket you'll need one to remove the clutch to get to the pump(dont bash it with a hammer and screwdriver to get the clutch nut off) and a good impact driver to get the cover/pump screws out

stroke it from the outset 88's are sh!t way to slow , 4 speed box is a must , HD clutch and springs , ppl who say they are happy with there 88's are full of sh!t
Direct quote from snitchy , Would people who run 88cc heads like to perhaps tell him they arn't full of Sh1t? we all know a well tuned 88 bike is better than a badly tuned 110 chinky and a good jap 88 still labeled as a 49cc is good for insurance and road side inspections ;0) Lets face it a honda monkey with quality parts will last years, Lets keep this thread as it was started, facts and good sound advice. anything more isn't welcome !

Well the best thing you could do is learn some things b4 you mouthoff

your relly going about it the wrong way , prolly the reason your on an Australian web site looking for answers , whats wrong with ya pommy forums , all ready made a good name for self there have ya

but hey i wouldnt know anything hu , i only been playing with these bike for 5 or 6 yrs

You'll get advise here im sure , best o luck with it ,,,,,

Last edited by a moderator:
mate dont see were you get off. people are just trying to help you giving input and advice and "most" of them know a thing or two.

best engine mod

I would use a Daytona 125 motor , 4 speed gearbox , trick ignition , gear box mounted clutch and the motor is the same length as an original z50 motor . I have 2 brand new ones if you are interested.

I would use a Daytona 125 motor , 4 speed gearbox , trick ignition , gear box mounted clutch and the motor is the same length as an original z50 motor . I have 2 brand new ones if you are interested.

I thought the daytona 125 and 150 were longer then the standard z50 motor

Daytona 115/119 are the same as Honda 50, but the actual 125 has a 69mm jug and taller head. 119's get called "125" but aren't. But, WGAF, since the thread's older than Moses's dad.

I have a GDFP 88 on my kids MXer and it is fine on the dirt but yeah, cubes (or cc's) is king on the pavement....go with a GDFP stroker

Ricky Retireeeeeeee! I'ma send you some stuff next week. Kids diggin the new track? Pics/vids?

track pics will come as soon as I get time to make a track...lol.....I think I worked less when I was not retired

Latest posts

Back