Best place to find a Z50J

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniMadness

Reaction score
I have been in search of a Z50J for a while now. They aren't the easiest bikes to come by. I was wondering where you would recommend looking for one and if anyone here could help out? (Tried eBay, local paper, forums and bike sales sites.)
I plan on doing a full restoration. Undecided at this stage weather to stick with stock engine with an 88/108 kit or go for a Lifan 125cc.
How much should I expect to pay for one? (I know it is all relative to condition, age etc. But keep in mind I am looking for a good restoration project.)

Cheers.

I have been in search of a Z50J for a while now. They aren't the easiest bikes to come by. I was wondering where you would recommend looking for one and if anyone here could help out? (Tried eBay, local paper, forums and bike sales sites.)
I plan on doing a full restoration. Undecided at this stage weather to stick with stock engine with an 88/108 kit or go for a Lifan 125cc.
How much should I expect to pay for one? (I know it is all relative to condition, age etc. But keep in mind I am looking for a good restoration project.)

Cheers.

guessing that was ur add in todays paper for the wanted z50?
ahaha..goodluck gettin one mate!
will keep an eye out.

Mate there around just gotta be looking, Have you been to swap meets? Dunno what you have down there but up in QLD there was one in Gatton (just bike swap) and i heard a few guys picked up a couple of cheap bikes from there.

Mate there around just gotta be looking, Have you been to swap meets? Dunno what you have down there but up in QLD there was one in Gatton (just bike swap) and i heard a few guys picked up a couple of cheap bikes from there.

We don't have many of them down here:( I use to love going to them. We have the usual car meets and people might bring a bike along but I havn't seen a bike meet yet.

Best place to find cheap bikes is garage sales, op shops, bike wrekers. Best to be out in the country though (most city slickers don't have bikes that they'll show).

Cash converters up in QLD normally have a bike (One up in Redcliff did).

anything wrong with this one or is it too expensive for what you want

HONDA Z50J,MONKEY,Z50 - eBay Honda, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 30-Oct-09 21:27:03 AEDST)

apart from that you just have to hunt around

Too expensive. Apart from that I want to do a full resto on it. Would get more satisfaction out of knowing Iv'e done the full thing myself rather then someone else doing half.

guessing that was ur add in todays paper for the wanted z50?
ahaha..goodluck gettin one mate!
will keep an eye out.

I also saw it, wasn't mine though. I might give him a call and see if he had any luck/many callers.

As for the swap meets, I haven't herd of any. I will have to keep an eye out. I can't stand cash converters, especially the fact that some poor guy came in and sold their item way under value and then it has been marked up something ridiculous.

Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone.

hmmm so you want a comp plate z50 j model , very cheap and stock id say ??

now YOU along with every body in Australia wanting 1 , it should be easy to find a bike for a few 100 bucks

best off luck

Found this went for $400. Was on eBay, internet dropped out and by the time I got back on to have a look (5 mins), it was gone!

Latest posts

Back