Best position for jet needle clip on mikuni 22mm

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rizzo97

Reaction score
The carb is on a 125 lifan , am wondering what the best position for the jet needles the mikun 22 :) if No one has tested this out before I will have a crack at it and post the results

it will be different on each engine, depending on what is done to it .
what sort of air filter it has, how much oil is on it, what exhaust it's running, bigger pipe, muffler, ignition etc etc

but try it on the 2nd notch down.

i usually recommend fitting a #20 Pilot jet too

and have a read of these threads, from the Tech section, under Carbys and Tuning
the first one will give you a good idea on what to look for etc
http://www.miniriders.com/carby-and-tuning/10183-mikuni-25mm-carbie-manual.html
http://www.miniriders.com/carby-and-tuning/20778-carburettor-tuning-guide.html

Last edited:
Cheers ay, I'll have a suss of them

How many turns out on the mixer screw ifi put a 20 in as well? It would be at 2-1/2 ATM I rekin and Ijust put the needle clip on the secon notch before I posted this and asked my brother t takeit for a spin and see howi gose and he said it went better than before :) I did a plug chop on it beforehand and moved it up from the middle because it was black with a bit of white

the mixture screw setting needs to be adjusted by you to suit the particular engine you are tuning.

with your mixture screw being that far out, means that the Pilot jet is too rich/big
what jetting is in it ?

it could also mean that you haven't got an oiled foam filter on the carby ?
or that there is a problem somewhere else like float level is too high, main jet is too big etc etc

having the needle clip in the second notch from the top is leaner than having it in the middle notch

I know it's leaner but its made bikes of myn more responsive before, plus it was at rich on the plug chop I did :) its 95-15 and I havnt tunedit besidemong the cli up one notch I'm pretty sure the mixture screws 2-1/2 out though

yeah the recommended position for a 125 with a Mikuni copy 22/26mm, is with the clip on the 2nd notch down the needle
it's pretty much the pilot jet and mixture screw that controls the responsiveness

Latest posts

Back