big wheel pit bike build aka ktm 85 killer

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jesseRS10comp

Reaction score
hi guys I'm gonna build a big wheel pit bike and use it to kill my mates yz80s and crfs 150s it will be a lengthy build but will have detail :action-smiley-035:
it will start with a BBR perimeter frame and a pit pro bigfoot swing arm
a ciniworx 175cc motor with bore kit and a high comp piston and maybe a 5 speed tranny will see later on that one
a 17inch front wheel and a 14inch rear or possibly a 16inch
gpx forks and dnm rear shock
crf 50 style graphics with unit or DC white sticker kit

its being built off a mojo provert 125 200
ok guys so should i go 17 front and 14 rear
or 17front 16 rear what do you think since my swing arm can take both
yz80 cr80 ect. 15-18 hp
crf 150 15hp
stock ciniworx 175 aka zongshen 20 hp but with the extra mods I'm hopping for at least 25 hp or more

Last edited:
You do realise a YZ80 would still eat the 175 for breakfeast?

Doesn't look like you have done much research. lol

but i will have the weight advantage

LOL. It won't be that much less weight. The power would still be heaps more out of a YZ.

Your only hope would be a 184 Kit and V2 head and even then a CRF150 would kill it and probably the YZ80.

yeah I'm getting the v4 head and a bigger bore kit then what you said
don't worry iv got a plan

Lay it out for us then. You got me curious.

Hope you got a spare 5k for this build. ;)

yz80 cr80 ect. 15-18 hp
crf 150 15hp
stock ciniworx 175 aka zongshen 20 hp but with the extra mods I'm hopping for at least 25 hp or more

Man dude this thread made me lol so bad, I thank you for the laughs. By the sounds of your bits chosen its gonna end up like this, but with terrible parts:

1714crf50.jpg

Heres just a few things that you should double check:

Putting a 5 spd in that engine is just stupid, as Sean has already covered it won't add more potential speed, just a lot more cost and weaker gears.

Using a bbr frame (which I assume is chinga and crf50 style as is your plastics) is pointless with a Pitpro bigfoot swingarm, it will be totally out of proportion and those style of frames are a pain to work on, are heavy as and generally look stupid.
crf50 style chingas are made to have forks of around 600mm for the mono swingarm variety. You would need 730mm forks for those fat wheels lol and that would make that bike so tall, with a short wheelbase it would unstable as!
lastly its just a wasted money idea man, you will NOT beat a yz80 at all, a 184cc v2 doesn't have a chance (that's me) so a 175 will have even less of a chance mate
lastly stock 175 cini is NOT 20hp lol

I know you won't build this bike, because no one would build such a pointless object. if you have money and want to waste it, just buy and Atomik bigfoot like you keep telling everyone else lol

but if you go this way, then by all means keep a build thread as it would be a good lol maker ;)

what if i used a kx style plastics like the big foots but use the bbr frame and pit pro swing arm with bigger forks 760mm
and sorry for making you sad because i want a deferent bike that i put something into but really thx for the encouraging help

Last edited:
what if i used a kx style plastics like the big foots but use the bbr frame and pit pro swing arm with bigger forks 760mm
and sorry for making you sad because i want a deferent bike that i put something into but really thx for the encouraging help

Plastics won't make your frame bigger...

better off with decent linkage bike and alot of practice on skills and maintaining the bike.
its the the rider 99% of the time not the bike(unless your riding a stock 160 against v2 184cc bike etc..) i've pasted 85s and 150s at the track on a 125 pitty because i was alot faster around the corners then them.
and i've seen mike reefman beat the crap out of everyone on a 250f and 125 2t big bike at nunawading mx track when he was riding a psto with 184cc v2 pc pipe good carby.
i got a video proof aswell
17/14 pitbikes are stupid IMO..

so i should can the whole thing then and but a basic bigfoot and put the new motor and stuff like that in it

In all honesty man, I have built a bike and believe me it costs alot! tonnes more than you could ever plan. If I was you I would get the money first and then look at getting the best bike that you can afford. Something like a Pitster Pro x4r (1800) or a Motovert 160 (2000) would be sweet.

ok guys il can the build thread then and just build up a bigfoot

Bigfoots a silly , ugly and pointless there is no R&D behind them its some fool thinking what else could we do and spend as little as possible "hey why dont we stick big wheels on this pitbike frame, then we dont have to get new tooling made and designed for a larger frame" ...

if you want 17" front buy a real bike... if you mates have yz80's and stuff and you wanna ride with them buy a similar bike

If you want a pitbike, buy a pitbike with a 10" rear wheel , back to the true roots of 50's where they are the most fun..

Honestly dude for the amount this is going to cost you you could buy a nice yz80 etc, have a look on ebay, older ones can go for around $2,000

So much LOLs, my KTM has cost 4-5k including all of the motard specific stuff that you won't need and has somewhere between 25-28hp. It goes toe to toe with relatively good riders on 450's!!! Don't waste your money mate, a good 85 can be bought for 2-3k and already has top notch suspension, brakes and over 20hp!!!

Obligatory pics:

newpicture5g.png

newpicture6o.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back