Bigger wheels on a Nitrous mid size

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoggo45

Reaction score
I have a atomik nitrous 150 mid size (CRF 70 Frame) running the standard 14in front and 12in rear wheels. I ride on a lot of rough trails with deep ruts and sand and i would like to fit larger tyres as it would make ridding the bike easer.

Can I fit larger wheels with out doing any major mods or would i need to get a different bike like the atomik big foot (KLX110 Frame ) ?

regards Luke

the swing arm should accommodate the 14 rear wheel but the forks probly wont..

to do it properly you would need to use swing arm, forks and wheels from a bigfoot bike..

Sean is the midsize 14 12 got the same length forks as the bigfoot? I thought they did

Hey Mate I did the same but went to smaller wheels. Need to replace swing arm and chain and should be good to go :)

Sean is the midsize 14 12 got the same length forks as the bigfoot? I thought they did

measure em up mate, you want at least 730mm for it to handle decent..and to keep the engine at the correct angle.. gearbox flat and barrel/head slightly angling up, not down like most entry level bikes these days lol

just get a atomik bigfoot or pitpro bigfoot swing arm mate, i have a dhz swing arm on my pitpro thats now 12/14

whats making you go bigger??

I mostly ride my bike on 4WD fire trails and Water erosion puts lots of ruts Just the size of my 14in front wheel, hit them wrong and the front digs in and throws you forward. Also should make the bike a bit easer to ride in soft sand.

But I do think the standard 14/12 Wheels do look better. Why did you go down to 10 ?

I went from 17 front 14 tear to 14 front 12 rear :) didn't go 10..

I'm tall so put on some high rise bars and it's all good. Smaller wheels look better and Kenda Carlsbad tyres are great :)

maybe someone here with a bigfoot can measure the swing arm and forks for you and then compare to what you have..

Thanks for all the info, now I have just got to jump on ebay and get me the 14 and 17inch rims and tyres and get to work, Interesting to see how the front forks hold up, I may have to replace them at a latter date.

why not just buy a bigfoot they cost under 700 bucks read to ride just saying

because that would mean, he would have to sell the bike he has now for less then what he brought it for and then buy a new bike. also, some people just prefer the the crf70 style over the klx110 style.

good luck with he transformation mate.
viper

I dont just get a Atomik Reign Bigfoot because the front forks are not up to standard for rough trail ridding, way too rought.

I like my DHZ 140 crf 70 frame bike because I can easly get good parts from DHZ, I just wish DHZ made a big foot version for peole who like trail ridding, the bigger wheels help alot in deep ruts and sand ect

Latest posts

Back