Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitmaster

Reaction score
just went to go for a ride,

bike starts first kick still, but is backfiring when the throttle is snapped back, and will idle for about 10-20 seconds than splutter and die!!!!

what could it be?

i just put a new plug in, made no difference

i was thinking vacumn leak? but cant find any air leaks

Last edited:
Backfiring is often caused by the airfilter leaking around the rubber where it goes onto the carby or if the bolts around the exhaust are loose.

Don't worry too much, backfiring can't do any harm to your engine.

its normal for oil to spray everywhere when you unscrew the oil cap isnt it? cause of the oil pressure right?

i thought it would be like a car engine, you could undo the oil cap while idling????

Last edited:
its now backfiring constanetly, will idle but only for about 10 sec than splutter and stall!!!

stupid thing!!!

Could be plenty of things. Exhaust leak, incorrect valve clearance, lean jetting, dirty carby....

Bingo fixed it:D

the ignition lead up at the coil wasnt screwed in properly, or had work its way out and was just holding on by a thread or 2,

i took the coil out and screwed it in properly and BINGO it now runs!!!!!

its NOT how i wanted to spend my day off work:( but atleast its running again now,

geez these china bikes make you learn heaps about bikes really quickly haha

its normal for oil to spray everywhere when you unscrew the oil cap isnt it? cause of the oil pressure right?

i thought it would be like a car engine, you could undo the oil cap while idling????

Oil isnt supposed to spray out, and you're not supposed to unscrew it when the bike is on, thats probably why its doing that. :D

My bike stopped back firing when I tightened up the screws on the bottom of the exhaust pipe, one screw was missing and the other was really loose, anyway that fixed it.

geez these china bikes make you learn heaps about bikes really quickly haha

Yeah exactly!! I know everything now since my bike needed fixing for EVERYTHING!!!

A chinese bike can be a steep learning curve! :D

Good to hear its fixed anyway.

Latest posts

Back