bike for a 5 year old

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Could someone give me recommendations for a dirt bike for a 5 year old. He is on the tall side and has been riding a pedal bike with no training wheels since 3 years old.

Thanks and awesome site!

crf50 would be good they are a little bit of money but have a good resale value and heaps of mods u can do if u want to keep it as he gets older

Atomik 50 or 70 will do good because they are a reasonable price and reasonable reliability but dont go with TDR's or LEIs.

hmmm, i would start him off on a pw50 or crf50 depending on the price in my opinion.
crf50s are quite efficient as there's a lot of after market parts that are available once he starts getting bigger and nagging for more power. hehe
pw50s don't have many after market parts at all really, but they are controllable and would be a good learning curve coming up from a pedal bike.
i would really only trust honda, yamaha, suzuki or kawa with a reliable 50cc choice though.

hope i could help
viper

do it once and do it right , honda all the way..
Nothing better than the reliabillty of a honda , and resale value to boot , cant beat it!!
Oh and the throttle restrictors are good value too

a good question is what do you want to achieve if you just want to ride around the paddock go china if you want to eventually go racing ktm 50,husky boy, lem,
also what money are you willing to spend
at 5 my son was on a rm65 suzuki

Wow tons of info guys, thanks!

This is for his 5 year old birthday which is still another 2 1/2 months away. It will be just trail riding at first then maybe racing.

Thanks again for all the help.

Honda crf70!

Go have a look at your local.

I reckon the 70cc will last him awhile and being a honda the re-sale will be very good.

hes only 5 remember a 70 would be too heavey for him ,if hes only just learing crf50 , if he can allready ride a dirt bike maybe a ktm they got way better suspension , but alot more poke.

if you are thinking of racing,no kids race 4 strokes they all race 2 strokes,(they can do nippers on 50cc 4 stroke non racing) so best getting him use too a 2 stroke, ktm adventurers are a good start point,no powerband,good suspension tuff bike,but pricey,
they dont start racing 4 strokes till they hit the 9-12 y/old 85 2 stroke/150 4 stroke
also the old yamaha pee wee 50 and pee wee 80s are a good buy

Latest posts

Back