Bike for Dad

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeePeeJay

Reaction score
My son just bought a PitPro 140CC bike and it's brilliant - the build quality exceeded my expectations. Now I want a bike, but full size!!!

I've been looking for a cheap 2nd hand jap bike, but they seem to be out of my price range. (Everything is over $2k or in really bad condition).

Now I'm thinking of a chinese bike for myself.

Can anyone recommend a good brand - the only one I'm aware of is the Atomik.

Any recommendations for a 250CC under $2K?

Thanks

i don't think you can get a ok 250cc china bike i know the motovert 250 is prttey good but its worth $3699 or $3499

thump 140 on here did a review on the atomik blitz 250 on ebay.....ive seen one in real life and its BIG gotta be the best china fullsize ive seen but the performance from what i have heard dosent compete at all with a jap full sizer

My son just bought a PitPro 140CC bike and it's brilliant - the build quality exceeded my expectations. Now I want a bike, but full size!!!

I've been looking for a cheap 2nd hand jap bike, but they seem to be out of my price range. (Everything is over $2k or in really bad condition).

Now I'm thinking of a chinese bike for myself.

Can anyone recommend a good brand - the only one I'm aware of is the Atomik.

Any recommendations for a 250CC under $2K?

Thanks

Hey DeepeeJay, welcome to miniriders!! You've happened across a great site mate, everything you need to know about minis and chinas is now at your fingertips!! :)

I've had a fair amount of experience now with China 250's, have a few of them now gracing my shed...

I'd have to disagree with Sheepy in the XB-35 being of similar quality to the Atomik Blitz... The build quality is about the same, but the appointment quality isnt... The XB-35 while being a great little bike, with a strong motor, doesnt have the braking capacity, or the suspension ability of the Blitz and Atomik Kuda pro.

You're on the right track with the Atomik, and if you're a big fella, it's the bike for you, as these things are the size of a YZF450... You may find with the XB-35 it's a little on the cramped side, and the peg to bar and seat relationship is all wrong... not a good bike for those long of leg...

The Blitz, while being a great bike, does have it's downfalls, and depending on your fabrication and mechanic ability, the Atomik Kuda Pro may be better suited... The Kuda Pro is almost identical, but has the advantage of lights, and an air cooled motor, which is actually a bit pokier and more robust than the liquid cooled Gen 3 Loncin 250 in the Blitz...
However, if you are pretty mechanically minded, dont mind a few hours swinging spanners etc, Then the Blitz is a great first bike, and with a few cheap mods that can be done in the comfort of your own shed, with the assistance of the young fella, a six pack of beer, angle grinder etc, can bring the motor alive... So far, actual cost of modifying mine, has been a little over $120 for a flatslide carby and ignition module.

Suspension is the Blitz's biggest downfall, but there will be a bump on my thread shortly, as mine is going in for suspension revalving...
Marlboro Man has had some luck revalving his i believe, but details are a bit sketchy and somewhat lost in translation...

http://www.miniriders.com.au/minibike-reviews/20708-2008-atomik-blitz-250-review-3.html#post239943

oh i see... you've already read the review, and are bidding on one... lol..
How did you go mate, any luck with the auction?

Ive still got my Orion 2fiddy sittin in the backyard, Cost me 1500 delivered, So far all thats broken is the rear shock and bent the handle bars. but the shock broke cus some1 dropped it off the back of my truck :(. oh yer and i flipped it and broke the muffler lol, Its been thrashed for the last 9 months or so with me and my mates, Taking it through swamps and shit lol...but its been surprisingly good...NOTHING like a jap 250cc....but its still alrite...Thats what id recommend..Its still working fine...But i dont use it anymore as ive got a Yzf250 :)
Hope this helps mate.
Dan

look for some older model 2 strokes something like 98-2002, 250 or 125 should be able to pick up a reasonable one for 2k, just do your homework,

Thanks heaps guys for you responses. I'm trying to get an Atomik Blitz for a bargain on eBay - but gotta be patient. I found a 1985 Honda 250XL RF for $1800 from a country dealer that looks pretty good. It's road registerable which makes it more likely to get used more regularly and give it some percieved value to my wife.

It's in pretty good nic. I'll post some photos...

Attachments

• IMAG0022.jpg
    IMAG0022.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0024.jpg
    IMAG0024.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0026.jpg
    IMAG0026.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
i find it funny the blitzes go for more than the kuda pros which are same bike with lights etc for rec reg. Is is because of the review maybe? kuda pros go for about 1100ish and blitzes for about 1400.
furyxr with lights and the new prox also go for about $1100, look like good value.

that honda 250XL is a pretty heavy and lazy bike, and it really isn't suited for offroading in stock setup, look for a honda XR250 or XR400, kawasaki KDX200\220 are pretty bulletproof offroad machines too. or if you want something with loads of power, get an used 250 2 stroke MX bike.

Can the kuda pro be street registered? What formal proceedures must one go through, or can I just register it?

Thanks for the previous reply

can't be street registered, just recreational rego for riding in bush trails , country roads etc.. not for everyday use.

Latest posts

Back