BIKE FOR YOUR BUDGET (No more which bike should i buy threads)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topguntravis

Reaction score
Here are some commonly asked about bikes and a brief overview of what to expect. Hopefully to eliminate some of the constant "Which bike should I get" threads.

Bike for your Budget

$0 - $500 = TDR, LEI MOTO, MOTOWORKS
All of these bikes are JUNK. Poor quality and poor customer service, not worth it, keep saving or you will be disappointed.

$500 - $1000 = ATOMIK, PITPRO, DHZ, PITSTERPRO
For the bottom half of this price bracket you’re looking at an Atomik Nitrous. Not a bad bike, but you can do a lot better. Fine if the riding isn’t too serious and you don’t mind a fairly rough ride. Take is easy on the jumping. If you decide on a Nitrous the best buy would be the 160cc.

If you’re after a 10 incher, Pitsterpro have a new XJR SS 50cc “Stocker” at about $700. For the price it’s not bad and of course you’re buying from DHZ who will look after you. It does only have drum brakes, but there is a package available to increase performance and ride with exhaust and suspension, etc.

Moving up to the $800 mark is the Pitpro 125cc. Pitpro is basically an overpriced Nitrous. Has a spares kit but still not justified.

At the top of this price bracket is something like a DHZ DPRO 125. This is a better quality bike than the Atomik and Pitpro, but the lower range of the DHZ bikes. The after sales service of DHZ is well recognised and parts are readily available from their website. If your budget is at this end of this price bracket, you’re probably best to save a little bit more for one of DHZ’s more recognised bikes.

Recommended upgrades straight out of the box for these bikes would include a quality chain (RK, D.I.D), Uni filter, fuel filter, NGK spark plug, grips, Pro Taper handlebars, Tyres (Kenda Carlsbad).

$1000 - $1500 = PITPRO, DHZ
For slightly over $1000 you can get a DHZ Outlaw 140 which is similar to the DPRO 125 but with a Zongshen 140cc engine and oil cooler.

Moving up to around $1200 you can get a new release DPRO 140. This is getting more serious with a ¼ turn throttle and big bore exhaust on the Zongshen 140cc engine. Certainly a bike to consider in this price range.

There are Pitpro 140cc and 150cc bikes moving up around this price range however it is not something you would buy when you can get a DHZ for the same price or cheaper!

At the top of this price range is the DHZ DPRO 160. Much like the other DPRO’s but the extra dollars on this bike is going towards the Pitsterpro 155z engine. If you’re looking to race then an engine like this is a good start.

Recommended upgrades straight out of the box for these bikes would include a quality chain (RK, D.I.D), Uni filter, fuel filter, NGK spark plug, grips, Pro Taper handlebars, Tyres (Kenda Carlsbad). However NGK spark plug is stock in DHZ bikes and often free Pro Taper handlebars.

$1500 - $2000 = PITPRO, DHZ, REVMX, MOTOVERT, BRAAAP
Once again, you can get something like a Pitpro 160cc, but you wouldn’t when you have all the DHZ bike options.

Mid way in this price range is the DHZ Outlaw 160R. This is a great bike and something to look at if you’re starting to get serious about racing. This bike has power with the Pitsterpro z160 HO engine. The ride is improved with the suspension, GPX Moto Black Label 735mm USD Forks up front and DNM(MTG-RC) 850LBS PIGGY Back 290L Rear Shock. This ride and engine with a ¼ throttle will get you round the track with no problem.

Recommended upgrades straight out of the box for this bike would include a quality chain (RK, D.I.D), Uni filter, fuel filter, grips, Pro Taper handlebars, rim locks. Pro Taper handlebars included.

For $1999 you can get the RevolutionMX TTR 155z. Here you are introduced to linkage bikes, which have a rear suspension linkage setup like big bikes. This creates a smoother ride and really keeps the rear end held to the ground for the power you’re after. DNM front and rear suspension, Zongshen 155z engine, this is a race bike. Complete spares kit so the only initial upgrades would be grips. This is worth buying and great value for money.

Also at $2000 is the 2009 Motovert CRF 70 bike. It has a 160cc engine, DNM shock and Marzocchi copy forks. Not worth getting when you can get the linkage RevMX for the same price.

If you’re after a 10 incher there is the Braapster 88cc which is designed for adults is a good little 10 incher. A bit pricey at $1999, however Braaap have a clever option for buyers to pay their bikes off per week. Parts will be readily available at the quite large Braaap store in Frankston and various stores in Tasmania.

$2000 - $2500 = REVMX, CINIWORX
Stepping up there is the RevolutionMX TTR 175z which is the same as the TTR 155z but has the added power of the Zongshen 175z engine.

Also there is the Ciniworx CXZ175. Similar to the RevMX TTR175z, this bike is suitable to race. It has Weston forks and Fastace rear shock combined with the linkage for a smooth ride. Choice of MOLKT or OKO carby. Red billet CNC parts everywhere (hubs, triple clamps, throttle, etc). Also comes with complete spares kit so grips are the only initial upgrade, however better stock grips than the cheaper bikes. The after sales service from Ciniworx is truly fantastic and you really get looked after. This is worth every cent.

Choosing between the RevolutionMX and Ciniworx will come down to personal preference and probably location for postage and after sales service (RevMX NSW, Ciniworx VIC).

$2500 - $3000 =PITSTERPRO
For this price range there is the Pitsterpro X4R. Pitsterpro is basically the benchmark for pit bikes. The X4R has the GPX Moto 155z engine, GPX Moto 33mm inverted forks and GPX DNM Piggy Back rear shock. This bike is most certainly quality, however does not have the linkage setup that the RevMX, Ciniworx CXZ and Pitsterpro LXR has. So it would be worth considering the option of those 3 bikes, as you can get the RevMX and Ciniworx cheaper than the X4R.

$3000 - $3500 = PITSTERPRO
The Pitsterpro LXR is a bike that other bikes are often compared to due to its quality and reputation as a benchmark for pit bikes. It is a great bike, pretty top of the range. It has the GPX Moto 155z engine, GPX Moto 33mm inverted forks and the first to introduce the linkage suspension setup in pit bikes. This bike has everything you need. Considering the RevMX and Ciniworx is worth the thought as they are a fair bit cheaper and have basically copied the LXR.

$3500 + = PITSTERPRO, BRAAAP, CUSTOM BIKES
From around $3600 - $4000 there is the Braaap Maestro in 125cc, 140cc and 150cc however they are overpriced and there are better options.

At $4000 there is the Pitsterpro LXR limited edition race bike. With Marzocchi Shivers (forks), ELKA rear shock, Pro Circuit exhaust, TB V2 Race Head and more, this bike has all the extras, perfect for racing. You can’t really get any better for a production bike.

Above this price you probably have a decent knowledge of pit bikes anyway, so obviously there is the option to custom build your own bike however you wish. Unlimited Cost.

Seller References:

TDR, LEI, MOTOWORKS, ATOMIK, PITPRO = For the best price you are going to be buying any of these brands off eBay. So overall the service you will get is pretty poor and you will get the feeling that they don’t give a stuff most of the time. There are plenty of stories about their poor after sales service.

Ken @ DHZ, PITSTERPRO = Ken at DHZ/Pitsterpro has earned himself a fantastic reputation selling bikes and parts from the DHZ website. You get the feeling that you’re being looked after. Great parts at low prices are almost always available and postage time is very fast. This is a highly recommended seller.

MOTOVERT = City Motorbikes: Motorbike City: Ferntree Gully, Laverton North & Slacks Creek. Motorcycles, parts & accessories at everyday low prices!

Brad @ BRAAAP = Brad at Braaap is certainly enthusiastic about the mini bike scene. A helpful guy who himself rides the bikes he sells and is trying to progress the sport as best he can with mini bike events. The Braaap stores are huge (at least the one in Frankston anyway) so if your that sort of shopper you’re in luck.

Eddie @ CINIWORX = Eddie at Ciniworx is truly a genuine guy to deal with. Not only does he ride the bikes he sells, but he is a motorcycle mechanic and knows what he’s on about and doesn’t mind passing on some of his knowledge to buyers, making him incredibly helpful. You will definitely feel well looked after and the after sales service is great! Highly Reccommended.

Russ @ REVOLUTIONMX = Russ at RevolutionMX sparked a revolution in the mini bike scene with the lowest priced linkage bike since the LXR. The great value for money is an indicator that Russ has the customers in his best interest. Whilst still new to the scene, so far a good reputation is being made. Recommended.

Links:

TDR, LEI, MOTOWORKS, ATOMIK, PITPRO = eBay Australia - Buy or sell practically anything on eBay, the world's online marketplace
ATOMIK = Atomik Motorsports | Bikes | Motocross | Dirt | Quad | ATV | Australia-wide
PITPRO = PitPro Dirt Bikes - Mini and Mid Sized Pit Bikes - 90cc 110cc 125cc 140cc 150cc 160cc 250cc
DHZ, PITSTERPRO = Home Page - DHZ Mini Moto
MOTOVERT = Motovert - Worlds greatest Pit bike!
BRAAAP = braaap | mini bikes, pitbikes, scooters mini moto gear
CINIWORX = CINIWORX HOMEPAGE
REVOLUTIONMX = www.revolutionmx.com.au/

Last edited:
hope you dont mind i edited the title a little bit while a was wacking on the glue,

Maybe a Reference to the stacks of worked Honda 88's & bigger that are available these days in private sales

Plus reps for Trav

Last edited:
Updated Motovert Details as they are not out of buisness. They are our new site sponsor and have a new batch of bikes coming out for christmas.

Top work Trav. This have been a long time coming and was on my hit list but never got a chance to do anything about it.

i reckon that new pitster pro LXR limited edition is a top deal.
Its got all the good stuff.
Perfect for the racer in my opinion

hey buddy i have like a major question. I'm kinda tossing between an Atomik Pro x 250 and a Pitpro 250 sxr and i have no idea what bikes is better. Would you have any idea dude? Thanks heaps man.

i reckon that new pitster pro LXR limited edition is a top deal.
Its got all the good stuff.
Perfect for the racer in my opinion

There is a reason that bike hasnt sold, at $5000 you could probably custom build a bike to how you like it for way less, just saying.

Great write up!
I was/am one of the many new members who asked exactly the same questions that this thread is aimed at answering.
Great job. Now I want the PitsterPro LXR ltd edition!
This will be a great resource in the future.
oldhack.

great write up, im looking for something now and there is so many out there, think im gonna look at Revmx 155??? want something for trail/bush/fun times ???

not going to jump or mx it, ill prob stack anyways, been off the bikes for a few years lol ;)

Cheers
Micky.D

I'm looking for bike to use for Motard and also jumping and trail riding

Largey, i speak for myself, but if you are serious about motarding its unlikely you will use the same bike for both tardn' and then back to dirt.....

These days anything above the $1500 mark is a fairly good bike.

Yea that Wat I though just don't really want 7 bikes might have two get rid of me 2 atomic and lei

sure am,

thats my aim for next years bike

i got one my self and im really happy with it but for the top dollar you spend you expect everything to be in line and ready to go not the deal iv put just as much effort keeping it going strong as i would with my old piece of **** dirtmax my mate also just bought one and he blew the engine in 2 hours the second engine the clutch fcuked out and its been falling apart ever since but like a said to him you stil really need to look after it like a cheap one even if you did spend the top dollar dont expect miracles with it for the money

well i might be asking a stupid question.. but where does the thumpstars come? are they cheap or what or a piece of junk?

Latest posts

Back