BIKE FOR YOUR BUDGET (No more which bike should i buy threads)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TDR... Junk..? Aftersales crap...?

well I'm a proud owner of a $900 dollar delivered to your door 2016 TDR PRO TMX 150cc and I seriously beg to differ.
As with any new bike jap or chinga you need to completely strip them down and rebuild with loctite and a 3/8 tourqe wrench... ( I'm a automotive mechanic of 20 years) want crap and crap after sales.... Buy a Ford I worked for them for 15 years.
The only issue I have had with the bike was blowing out the rear shock but the guy that did it was 90kg's and jumping the bike and I told him to break the mother.... still waiting for it to break. The guy also races for Yamaha in Tamworth and destroys a yz every 2 years but my $900 TDR still puts up and comes back for more.... It's that **** of a bike he went and brought 2 and cant kill them either and raves about them as well.
As for after sales service.. I sent YX motors 2 pics of the shock and within 2 days I had a brand new rear shock air bagged to my door at their cost.. They are in Melbourne I'm in Newcastle NSW... Awesome service yes but they're not great for technical advice being just sales people, but that's why we use DHZ and good ol Miniriders lol.
The only other issue I have had I created myself by playing with the carby and not listening to my67xr.. Upgraded to a genuine 26mm Mikuni re jetted and all good.. Cheers my67xr :)
You do get what you pay for but if you research and prepare for the cost over quality factor they are great value for money... Mind you I don't race my big YZ250's anymore.. I'm too old and bones are taking longer to heal these days lol.
These bikes are family fun but they still get serviced and cared for like I still race and that care and attention shows every time I kick them over and ride they run and feel like new ever time.
The only complaint.. A decompression valve would be great as the compression on these are pretty full on for the kick starter gearing and cases.
All in all I'm a very happy camper so far and also loving my little TDR PRO 125cc as well.
Horses for courses If you just want to trot buy a pony if you want to gallop then go all out :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back