Black Sparkplug

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunny29er

Reaction score
hey just went to go check my spark plug after a friend said the thin fuel can make it backfire and make the spark plug black and i is just wanted to know is this alright normal or bad

have a dhz dpro 140

i would say bad, not sure but there ment to run like a lil gray arent they.

What do you mean by 'thin fuel' exactly?

deffinatly dont listen to your friend. And your engine is running what you would call "rich" Means that you are giving the engine to much fuel but its not really bad, it would be more bad if it was "lean" which makes the engine real hot. Look up some carby threads and youll sort yourself out in no time. Just clean your plug before you start tuning your engine.

Your sparkplug, youll see it towards the front of the engine (closest to front wheel) youll see a wire running to this thing sticking out on the right hand side take it out, clean it then put it back in the engine. But you dont need to do it super tight do it untill it grabs then another 1/4 turn.

i would listen to his friend cause i got it for the mechanic so yer he nows more then u

dmacri im sorry mate but there must have been a miss translation if you even knew the basic knowledge around a motor you would have said wtf to the mechanic. Your information is wrong buddy go back to engines for dummies 101# handguide i hear they sell it on ebay america.

But seriously take your plug out clean it find the carby tunning guide using the search funtion and youll be right that guide taught me everything i needed to know.

Good luck,
Sam93.

Be careful not to **** up the gap on the spark plug get the Fealer gauge out and make sure its gapped correctly after cleaning it.

Latest posts

Back