Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha cheers dude.
i did a bit more work on the bike, putting the engine in and setting up all the electrics, which was a pain, as my old atomik frame had these little metal "tabs" that the CDI and a few other electric components slotted into, so i've had use a few cable ties here and there. the main problem i have atm, is my old frame had some mointing points for the battery up the front, near the forks. this new frame doesnt. so i was thinking i'd have to fab a bracket or something? im not sure, the old battery is pretty much stuffed, but i cant really afford a new one at this stage, my other solution is to run without a battery but i have no idea how to do all the wiring to make that so... eh, so much confusion lol!

I covered my harness in some plastic cable sleeving to keep it neat. I run mine around the fame and even shortened a few wires to keep it all tucked under the seat and tank. You just need to map it out how ever it will fit.

You can get replacement rubber holders but they cost a bit for what they are. Last time I used a piece of bike tube to hold parts onto the tabs. Get it off a push bike and cut rings off it and the thinner rings you cut , the more it will stretch and if you need a tight one , cut it thicker.

Good luck :)

Ok guys, a little update. i've been real slack with pictures, and im talking to the guy i'll hopefully be getting a camera off.
Ok, so i bought new forks (735mm) and i sorta knew that they wouldnt be a straight up fit, but boy, i had no idea what i was in for...lol. so to get them to fit i had to do alot of stuffing around. the original headstem bearings on this bike were needle rollers with an ID of 24mm. so therefore the steering stem would be 24mm in diameter. well the bearings that came with my new forks were a 25mm ID. plus the stem was too long. so i realised i would have to machine it down on a lathe to fit the original bearings, and cut the thread further down the stem and cut abit off in order for it too work. but the it crossed my mind that i'd have to get my steering stem pressed out. now i have heard some horror stories of people trying to get these things out, so i didnt even try. i took it to a local mechanic and it popped straight out, easier than any of us expected, so that was the first step covered lol. the next was machining it down 1mm in the lathe. for this i just used my metalwork classes lathe, using the auto matic feeder. it came out perfect, now all i gotta do is get my thread cut and extended and then a cut around 40mm of the steering stem, and get bearing and cups and i should be righto....i hope!!
im going to get some black plastics for it, so pretty much everything on it will be black except for the chaing and forks and shock lol. im hoping that i'll also get my swingarm drilled out 1mm to fit the bushings i have to put in tommorow, so if i get all that stuffing around done in time, i may be able ride on the weekend :D
cheers,
jack

I hope you didn't make the whole steering stem 24mm. Because then it wont be a nice tight fit into the tripple clamp.

haha yeah, forgot to mention that, when i was doing the lathing i was literally just about to sart it and the i was like Woah! so it was a close 1!!

na i bought em knowing i'd have to do abit of machining, so its not your fault lol. im planning everything meticulously, i dont wanna get this wrong, cos if i do, its game over...haha i felt so hardcore latheing it in my metalwork class today, no-one knew wtf it was or wat i was doing haha

haha, i was mr cool for a moment there, then i told them it was for a china bike lol, they all avoided eye contact and backed away slowly lol!

there will be more, im going to make a fotobucket account and do it so you dont have to click on it and crap. but you can see where i have to lathe it down, i may have to mathe the top down a tiny bit more, i have to extend the thread.

yeah, the machining was pretty rough, even though i was using the auto feeder, the lathes cutting bit was pretty blunt so yeah.

yeah, the machining was pretty rough, even though i was using the auto feeder, the lathes cutting bit was pretty blunt so yeah.

Could you take the stock part out and put it in to the new tri clamps ? I had to do it with my new frame. Just undo the bolts at the bottom and hammer it out :)

Could you take the stock part out and put it in to the new tri clamps ? I had to do it with my new frame. Just undo the bolts at the bottom and hammer it out :)

tried that with 3 different stems. one looks close to fitting, but would require machining of the tri clamp by 1mm. so im just going to extend the thread and cut it down to size, thats the only way out of it really :(

tried that with 3 different stems. one looks close to fitting, but would require machining of the tri clamp by 1mm. so im just going to extend the thread and cut it down to size, thats the only way out of it really :(

Un lucky. You should post up some more photos of your troubles.

Latest posts

Back