Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can see my exhaust's rust there, im wondering if i can somehow get it of or make it look alot nicer?
in the last pic, the stem on the left is the length the one on the right is meant to be. i also have to cut the thread so it matches the one on the left..

also, the frame's braces are where the swingarm pivot bolt connects to the frame. i couldnt take a foto, but i think its made out of much thicker steel than my old frame, i was comparing weight and the new one is about 1-2 kg heavier! i think the bracing must have been done by someone with not much experience, the welds where its braced arnt the best, but atleast its not cracked like my other frame!

Yeah that exhaust is pretty bad. You could get a wire brush onto it and clean it up and maybe paint it with some high temp paint. I did mine but I was running hot while adjusting the valves and new jets and it kinda burnt off and caught fire for a little bit.. But it's ok now :p

I'm thinking about buying a shinny new one. They aren't that much and will make a big difference

yeah, a new one is only like 60 bucks. the trouble is for me, im afriad that when im trying to get the nuts loose, i could break a stud, and that would be a massive pisz off. i might go at it with a wire brush, see how i go...

get one of those wire wheels for a drill/grinder and try strip it back and soak it in wd 40 overnight.... no matter what you need to be able to remove your exhaust for new exhaust gasket ring when its needed....
should be a nice clean strong bike when your done, i noticed there wasnt any bracing at the neck tho??

yeah, i was planning on trying to get the exhaust off today, but i might try that, or just leave it alone... im so bored with no bike lol. as for the headstem bracing, the stem itself is a bit thicker than my atomik one, but im thinking i may have to get it braced. tbh im not really gonna ride it hard, im gonna ride it for a while, but then im going to be saving for a new bike, and my mates can use this one, but im still gonna kick ass on t for a while before all that though!

yeah mate i understand, however, DONT LET FEAR HOLD YOU BACK.... if your going to the effort of re vamping it then dont go cuttin corners and leave that rusty blight there.... no offence meant by that im just saying the rest of the bike is gonna look tops so dont be scared of the rusty exhaust and then look at your bike when its finished and think, damn i should of had a go at gettin that off....

i see what ur saying, but if i fuk it up, im in trouble. thats not fear, just simple truths...i may just rub it back and spray it silver or black or something. but it really does need a new one. i may get the ol' gas burner out and heat her up a bit and then see if they come off..so many options lol..

not to much trouble though, you can replace exhaust studs... i guess im thinking of the next 6 months when you may burn your copper exhaust gasket out and cant replace it, but either way mate its your bike :)

yeah i have decided to rub it all back with a wirer brush/grinder, and give it a shot of black, i still have about half a can :). im not sure about the whole copper ring gasket though, i probably wont be able to take it off....oh well!

thats after abit of rubbing back by hand and a run over with a brass-wire brush on the drill.

there is still chrome under all that, but it'd take alot of work to get it properly shiny again, so i've taken the easy way out and decided to paint it chrome :D, should look ok , still got a bit of prepping and a can of 800+ chrome paint to go yet :)

Last edited:
I wouldn't go chrome on it , it turns out more silver. Go black to cover up the texture or you could get that muffler wrapping to

i kinda want it silverish. it'll stand out against the black a bit more :). the rest of the bike is black, so i kinda want some silver/ chrome in there :)

Good tip with the wire brush wheels. When you use them , the little wires bend over and don't work that well any more, so flick the drill in reverse and they will all bend back the other way and work a lot better :) keep doing that to get more use out of them.

yeah, i noticed after a while they started to fold, i just bent em back by hand, but thats a much better idea, my fingers have been stabbed so many times lol.

pics, pics, pics, you are now on the second page and still no pic of your bike ?
get some and edit your posts blender,
hurry up, or we'll all vote to delete your thread and make you start again !!!
lol

page 5 of this thread doesn't exist yet ?????

hang on are you posting from a phone ?
on my PC, you are you are about half way though page 2 .

Latest posts

Back