Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the moment I just ride either at a track on my mates farm that we built or out at Foxwell Rd. I dont know much about racing classes, I'm just trying to get all my gear together.
I managed to get a pair of Thor 50/50 boots from Pro Kawasaki in underwood, seem like good boots to me.

Last edited:
What riding gear?

21st Birthday coming up, looking to get some riding gear.

I will get some Axo Slammer boots but need advice on other gear.

I need a new helmet ($300 budget)
Goggles
Jersey
Pants
Gloves

What gear do you recommend i get ? And would you recommend anything else such as armour, kidney belt etc? I would like to eventually race as well.

HEY DUDE
i think all gear like alpinestars and fox are all going to be top gear..but i guess my advice would be to find a helmet thats comfortable...may sound stupid but im sure people buy different types of helmets cause they look "cool"
peace

hey also get good parts 4 ur bike, what is it??

its a lil 50 look at his lil link under his writing...

best thing for you is to look around in shops. all brands basicaly the same diff colours diff names... find some specials cuz they will most likely be selling helments of good brands for cheap (paid $140 for a helmet cant remeber brand but is decent)

Hey Mate Where Are You Getting The Axo Slammer Boots From And How Much?

Why you geting slammers for a monkey bike? do u go offroad or do you have another bike??

it is nice isn't that, i would love zooming around town with one of them and not geting busted. what a life.

Why you geting slammers for a monkey bike? do u go offroad or do you have another bike??

Nah mate, i'm getting the same bike as MSO is getting in but not from them.

Has a 138cc oil cooled lifan, SDG motovert expert copy frame, billet wheels and hubs, fastace forks and fastace rear shock. And i am spending $1k on working the motor as discussed over here

http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=7799

Bike should go hard, i already come off enough with a stock bike lol so i wanna be sure i will have half a chance.

So yeh the riding gear will be all used offroad, riding with mates and racing.

Mitch

U will defenatly need boots and knee pads because if u come of the the first thing to hit the ground is that area , also get glove ( get the cheapest the all the same, that way if you fall of your bike you dont graze your hands), helmet ( i would get chepest helmet u can find mine cost 129$ it youth thought coz im only 14. Gogles if ur gonna race but if u get gogles get the ones with put the pastic nobs on the lense, then u can buy clear plastic stips that fit on the nobs and when ur racing if ur gogles lense get to dirty u jsut ripe of a plastic strip. Jersy and pants, i would be geting fox or something but the cheapest lol.. Armour is necisary if ur gonna race ( armor is made to save you from gravle rash one the chestif you fall of and also if you fall of and their a stick pocking up on the ground)

thats all i would get if i was super serious as a racer

this is all the gear i ahve but im going to buy armour when my local shop gets stock that fits me.

p1000720smallvf9.jpg

hey nice gear. i like to match my bike so all black or all green ect lol

slammer boots

i am wanting some slammer boots where can you get them from and how much if you know somewhere can you give me contact numbers please thanks alot

Thanks mate but they are too far away i need somone in brisbane gold coast or sunny coast or furtherest queensland

I got no gear at all but its time and ill be getting some this Thursday. Im getting the whole lot, Jersey, pants, helmet, gloves, boots to pretect the ancles rolling, Knee and elbow pads and am looking into a compression suit or armour to protect the spine. Also that way I wont have to where the elbow pads and have the added chest, shoulder, spine kindney and the rest. And no I dont race. Where I go riding theres a bit of a risk and iv already come off and takin some skin off the side of my knee. Nothing to worry about there but you should have seen the brewsing and inflamition. Had to take 5 days off work because I couldnt walk properly.

I know that Pro Kawasaki in underwood are getting the Thor 50/50 boots in and they are about $250.00 a pair.

What riding gear?

Ok well its my 21st on Thursday and i'm getting a wad of cash.

I need some riding gear as I have none at all apart from an old helmet, scratched goggles and gloves with holes in them.

I have been looking at USA ebay and found what seems to be a few good deals.

I think i will buy the Fox 360 pants and FlexAir jersey which should be $185AUD including postage and some Axo Slammer Boots hopefully about $120AUD including postage. And then I need a helmet, does anyone know if helmets from USA meet Australian standards?

Cheers
Mitch

support the australian scence and buy from australia.Its far to risky buying a helmet from overseas due to the high possiblitiy of damaging during frieght,the fact that you did not try that exact model on in an actual shop remember size does differ on brands ,It is not Australian certified as it is imported there for it passes off the australian standards code and also if you do ride a rego'd bike your helmet may be inspected and will not pass due to not passing the australian standards even though in may be up to the snell and dot standards.Thats my 2 cents

Latest posts

Back