Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MitchAustralia

Reaction score
Hey,
My birthday is coming up soon and my grandparents want ideas for a present.
They are very generous and usually spend around $100 on me and I am very grateful for this :)
Im tossing up between getting a jersey and pants or boots.
I've added up that a Fox Jersey and Pants cost around $85, depending on which one you get.
The Fox Comp 5 boots however are about $150
I want to know your opinion on what is more important out of the boots, or the jersey + pants.
And also whether you regretted purchasing one over the other.
I would be willing to put in the $50 of my own money if I was to get the boots and im pretty set on getting Fox gear cause I definitely like the sound of the Comp 5's

Thanks, Mitch.

boots for sure, kevlar pants are important too but nowhere near as important as boots, jersy isn't important at all so leave that till last

some people dont find them a hassle some do..
id prefer 50/50 boots on a mini but riding with big ones doesnt really bother me

Mate boots should always take precedence over riding gear. boots will do a better job of saving your legs and ankles in a stack, than a set of pants and jersey will.
i'd go with the boots. you can still ride in jeans and a jumper with boots on, fall off and have similar protection to nylons, as opposed to the safety afforded by coming off in nylons, with no boots..

Boots for sure! Full size boots! Dont bother with those bullshit 50/50 boots that offer no more protection than a pair of blundstones.

i have got the Fox Comp 5 Shorty's,
they were not my first choice but i couldnt get thor 50/50 in time for my riding holiday,
after wearing them in properly, i absolutely love them,
i wear them all day when riding and you can wear them like shoes they are that comfortable
recommend them mate,
got mine from SA Dirt Bikes for around $170
________
Volcano vaporizer

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back