Bottom End Sound Or?? ( Video/Audio )

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoshamini

Reaction score
14 Crf110. This was on a cold startup the noise seems to diminish a little once things get warmer. Def sounds like the bottom end. Maybe cam chain? I havent pulled the valve cover to see if its loose yet. It seems to soon for it to be a rod bearing though. Once its warmer it seems the sounds coming on the right side case/cover. But It runs good and pulls but just concerned about the sound? What do you guys think? Normal? Not normal?

[video=youtube;hu9OIwtCjBM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu9OIwtCjBM[/video]

Welcome to Miniriders

Drop in and Introduce Yourself here
http://www.miniriders.com/general-chat/20824-introduce-yourself.html

How many hour's has it done?
I have heard of people having problem's with the check valve sticking in the timing chain tensioner
It is in number 7 here-

E_04.jpg

Undo the big bolt on the bottom of the engine on the left side and take it out
some oil will coil out with the bolt removed.
Then the spring will come out too, when you pull on it, the tensioner push tube need's to be removed from the engine
The tensioner push tube need's to be cleaned out well, use brake cleaner or degreaser, make sure the check valve in the end isn't seized in position.
Then blow it out with compressed air before fitting it back together again.

Start the bike and after a few second's the check valve will close properly and the oil pressure will let the tensioner work properly again.

Cheer's, Craig

yep, at work we have many issues with this motor,will need a new chain and guides the guides themselves are made out of a cheap material that breaks down very quickly, also may need to be retensioned,
the tubes wont have a regular adjusting screw in them, you can do a similar thing by stretching the spring itself to apply more pressure on the arm, therefor re-tensioning your chain, but also have a geeze at what craig said above!
cheers Loco

Well this might be the problem ha... Ive been riding with it making that sound for a few weeks... I think the rubber that got sheared off would just break up.. I undid the left cover couldnt see anything. So order another tip then call it good?

unnamed.jpg

Yeah that would do it,
make sure you take that old tip out, then clean the valve out really well , check the bearing move's up and down ok etc, before fitting the replacement tip

To see how it work's you'd need to take the flywheel and stator off. (different engine but almost the same)

D938CAEE-7A46-4007-8CB3-F55379D36258-372-000000180043A6C4.jpg

If you wanted to take it a bit further you could clean out the oil filter screen too.
There's probably bit's of rubber etc in that.
It's located behind the clutch cover on the right side of the engine, you need to remove the kick start lever to take the cover off.
It is at the r/h front bottom of the case, (behind the gasket) directly above the oil drain plug
Number 5 here- http://www.bike-parts-honda.com/thumbs/h/motog/65622/IMGE/720_280/E_15.jpg

It look's something like this when the cover is off

oil-filter-cleaning.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah that would do it,
make sure you take that old tip out, then clean the valve out really well , check the bearing move's up and down ok etc, before fitting the replacement tip

To see how it work's you'd need to take the flywheel and stator off. (different engine but almost the same)

If you wanted to take it a bit further you could clean out the oil filter screen too.
There's probably bit's of rubber etc in that.
It's located behind the clutch cover on the right side of the engine, you need to remove the kick start lever to take the cover off.
It is at the r/h front bottom of the case, (behind the gasket) directly above the oil drain plug
Number 5 here- http://www.bike-parts-honda.com/thumbs/h/motog/65622/IMGE/720_280/E_15.jpg

It look's something like this when the cover is off

Thank you so much! I dont got a flywheel puller i could possibly pick one up. I appreciate it.

Try just cleaning the tensioner tube and fitting the new rubber tip.
If the noise is gone then you've solved the problem, but clean the oil filter strainer mesh as soon as you get a chance, do an oil change at the same time too.

You don't really need to spend money just to look in there just yet.
A decent brand puller will cost you about $15, i use a Motion Pro puller, it's M27 x 1mm l/h thread
Same as a lot of Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda's

Latest posts

Back