Bought a Mini Now want to Pimp it, i need some help!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chubba110

Reaction score
I picked up some cheap Chinese mini from a garage sale for $100 AUD aswell as some other items i have now since sold so the minibike dosent owe me a cent, anyway i made atleast around $400 from the other items i sold so ive decided too put the cash into the bike for the annual end of year river trip where myself aswell as a few good mates all bring up mini bikes, posties ect and we make a track and simply spend hours racing each other all in the name of fun, Long story short is i wanna spend some coin and make her look the goods,

Ive since found that the bike is a 80cc, auto, elec start all of that.

now what i want too do is buy a Lifan 125cc 4 speed Manual engine, i think off ebay they are around $300 posted, witch is going to give it enough balls too whip my mates in this race, now my questions are:

DOSE ANYONE KNOW
Where i could perhaps get a 125cc motor cheaper than Ebay ($300)
Are there any better brands than Lifan around the same price?
What gear ratio is recommended for the best bite ?

being a huge Yamaha Fan id love to make a mock up blue yamalube mini or something along those lines, But because there CRF50 style plastics ive found it hard to find any.

so i was going to just make a mock up of a crf50 geico

ANY HELP ADVICE, TIPS, LINKS, WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY APPRECIATED

How she looks in all her glory
IMG_0415.JPG
How i want her too look
Mock up mini.jpg

Cheers guys

Gday mate mad idea making a track with your mates
I think you’ll find that price is give or take the same most places that sell motors
Personally I’ve brought afew engines from dhz never had a problem with any of them aside from various issues you run into
The Lifan 125’s are great motors and like anything they will last provided you maintain them
The other brand to look at is the gpx 125 and by memory there more aftermarket parts available such as big bore kits but bone stock they are both really the same and should be enough power for ya
Keep us updated on your build mate
And just search crf50 plastics and graphics and you’ll find what you want

ENGINES | LIFAN | ZONGSHEN | LONCIN | DUCAR | DAYTONA | 50CC-190CC | Buy Online Australia at DHZ

Last edited:
yeah cheers guys thanks for the input. il definitely keep you posted

That is a bargain man! Will definitely get your moneys worth of fun out of that. Id check out the DHZ and the thumpstar websites for an engine

Latest posts

Back