Braaap bikes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being a business owner myself, Barnes, I can definitely see the merit in what you are saying.
One of the issues of building a brand, as Brad is clearly doing here (rather than simply selling a product), is that some trade secrets need to be maintained, and as the frames strength and quality is one of Braaap's trade mark, I can appreciate Brad's position.

I would need to read the thread a little more thoroughly to have a fair opinion, but at times it does seem braaap's been targeted with a bit of venom. Justified? Possibly as people do have to back up claims.

One thing that should be stressed though, having been served by Brad at the shop and seeing him at the track it isn't fair to simply call him a "businessman". The guy has time for everyone, seems very passionate about the sport and goes out of his way to help people out.

i could be wrong here

BUT

i could of sworn i have seen braaap frames for sale on certain chinese based pitbike manufacturing websites

Link pbk?

ok, now i know nothing about Braaap, but i have followed this thread with the intent of learning something new as i do with most threads...reading threads like this is the best way to learn about stuff..

Now im def not bagging you Brad, as i dont know you/your product etc etc i have however learnt by your web site that you have 3 stores in Tassie but no stores in NSW? (did a light bulb just go off in your head? lol) this means you have a store in Tas for every 166,666 people, so if you use the same person per store ratio..you owe us 7,158,700 New south welsh men and women...42.9 stores....but maybe you just need to say

a) Here are the results.....

or

b) I have the results but, you have changed your mind re the posting of them

or

c) you dont have them

Now i think A & C could be damaging for your MR rep and possibly future sales from MR members...

Just my 2c Brad nothing here is or was meant to offend anyone...Well maybe Tasmanian's...lol but no one else.

Cheers, Wayne

Last edited:
come on guys what more do you what

the blog on the website should be more then enough info
im still yet to see the vids

i myself cant thank Brad enough for his help
and the crew here in Launceston rock i love calling in to grab
a few bits on me way home from work
i always walk out with a smile

i just cant put it in words who great it is
to walk into a shop and get a part and know its going to fit
its nothing like walking into some of the old pitty shops in Brisbane

this shit is just crazy

what more do you guys want
the mans try to sell bikes just like dhz or revmx
go see if they even check the alloy they use for consistency
and ask to see there info it would be nice to see there's to

i have said it before im over this i love my braaap
and my braaap store i could not ask anything more from them
if you guys want to keep carrying on with this crap then so be it

EDIT: @ Minifighter i have seen them myself so i can say that brad dose
have test results

Last edited:
come on guys what more do you what

the blog on the website should be more then enough info
im still yet to see the vids

i myself cant thank Brad enough for his help
and the crew here in Launceston rock i love calling in to grab
a few bits on me way home from work
i always walk out with a smile

i just cant put it in words who great it is
to walk into a shop and get a part and know its going to fit
its nothing like walking into some of the old pitty shops in Brisbane

this shit is just crazy

what more do you guys want
the mans try to sell bikes just like dhz or revmx
go see if they even check the alloy they use for consistency
and ask to see there info it would be nice to see there's to

i have said it before im over this i love my braaap
and my braaap store i could not ask anything more from them
if you guys want to keep carrying on with this crap then so be it

EDIT: @ Minifighter i have seen them myself so i can say that brad dose
have test results

Not all of us are bashing Braaap..

There is no bashing towards what he does for the sport , again we appreciate that! .... noone is trying to shut him down or anything....

lol dj.. you havent got a clue mate..

we're not here bashing braaap/brad.. i like some of his bikes..just not he price tag or the claims that come with them..

he's obviously not worried about showing the report because you just mentioned again that you've seen it.. so imagine how many other people have..(just not the people asking)

and we wouldnt know what other companies do or dont test there materials cause they dont brag about it or use it as a sales pitch..

its not rocket science, this can be all over with one simple post...

and yes other companies use the same frame... and yes other companies claim they use 6061 alloy when in fact there using rubbish

oh and before we all forget,, he claimed his engines were hammer proof too

oh and heres some quotes out of this thread

Braaap clain to have sent engineers over to china to oversee the production of superior high strength engine components, there was a braaap rep posting on here a while back claiming that the usual china gearbox crumbles like a cruchy bar if hit with a hammer, while their super gearbox just rounds off when hit with a hammer.... I think this is a load of pure bull****....
If they really went to all that trouble they would at the least back it up with video evidence and people all over the world would be breaking deals with them to get their hands on the super strong china gearbox...

lol.... braaap

there not even 4k.. i dunno where this kid is pulling his figures from i think they start at like $1800 and max is like $3800.. average is about 2400-2800. yeah well I have been told by a source that has ACTUALLY seen in side the braaap factory and dhz factory and there is a massive difference in the metal quality. How often does Ken actually go to china and take a walk around the factory building his bikes? I'm gonna guess his never even been!

yea braaaap man I wanna see this super gearbox that only squishes a bit next to the one that shatters like a crunchy bar? huh? that claim been on for ages now n still no proof! If I was running a business proof of things as outrageous as that would come well before telling the customers how superior the motors are.
frames aint shit, most of the cheapo frames can take a hell of a beating and I have no doubt the alloy frame u running on some of the bikes are tough as guts, the gearbox is the center of attention man. We been craving a tough box for a LONG time, you claim to have that. If it were true it would be known around the world, so u gonna man up and show us the proof or u just gonna keep feeding your customers bullshit?

Wasn't all the metal testing about the gearbox's in his engines

Link pbk?

Now im def not bagging you Brad, as i dont know you/your product etc etc i have however learnt by your web site that you have 3 stores in Tassie but no stores in NSW? (did a light bulb just go off in your head? lol) this means you have a store in Tas for every 16,666 people, so if you use the same person per store ratio..you owe us 7,158,700 New south welsh men and women...429 stores....but maybe you just need to say

Not sure where you got your figures from mate but according to your source there are 50,000 people in Tas. I'm pretty sure you'll find there are over 500,000 of us Tasweigans, which means 1 braaap store for approx every 170,000 people, which means using the same ratio you could have 42 stores in Vic! Maybe you should talk to Brad about franchise opportunities to get the ball rolling!

Not sure where you got your figures from mate but according to your source there are 50,000 people in Tas. I'm pretty sure you'll find there are over 500,000 of us Tasweigans, which means 1 braaap store for approx every 170,000 people, which means using the same ratio you could have 42 stores in Vic! Maybe you should talk to Brad about franchise opportunities to get the ball rolling!

hahaha sorry mate, i left a "6" out in the tassie figures was supose to be 166,666 hence the following mistake on the NSW figures..

but hey...i was only trying to lighten up the convo as it was getting pretty grey...

Mistake noted....and happily edited....but brad you still owe us 42.9 stores, given im a nice person i'll settle for 42.

Last edited:
wow this thread is like world war 3! :) anyways... i got 1 thing to say to the people saying why are they asking for the metal testing when no other companys give it, but the thing is the other companys are realy saying they are doing it?

i could be wrong here

BUT

i could of sworn i have seen braaap frames for sale on certain chinese based pitbike manufacturing websites

No you're not wrong and you might see them from a couple of different Chinese companies, but they won't be the exact same as the Braaap Maestro. You will also see it advertised by Braaaps manufacturer in China but they won't send you one to Australia.

Last edited:
Passion

Hey Guys.

Thanks for the comments.

"One thing that should be stressed though, having been served by Brad at the shop and seeing him at the track it isn't fair to simply call him a "businessman". The guy has time for everyone, seems very passionate about the sport and goes out of his way to help people out"

Thanks man, This is exactly what I'm trying to achieve, braaap or no braaap my mission is to help build this sport, has been since i was in high school.

see you at the track!

brad

Being a business owner myself, Barnes, I can definitely see the merit in what you are saying.
One of the issues of building a brand, as Brad is clearly doing here (rather than simply selling a product), is that some trade secrets need to be maintained, and as the frames strength and quality is one of Braaap's trade mark, I can appreciate Brad's position.

I would need to read the thread a little more thoroughly to have a fair opinion, but at times it does seem braaap's been targeted with a bit of venom. Justified? Possibly as people do have to back up claims.

One thing that should be stressed though, having been served by Brad at the shop and seeing him at the track it isn't fair to simply call him a "businessman". The guy has time for everyone, seems very passionate about the sport and goes out of his way to help people out.

i personally never go there anymore because:

i ask for a piston they give my details to 'head mechanic' and will get back to me. this happened twice and still never heard back from them.

way over priced, $109 for a big piston front brake when ken can do it $60 to your door.

was told a certain part will fit my bike to take it hame and it doesn't, ask for a refund and you can not get your cash back, your forced into getting something else from their store???

and the engines?? the 140's/150/160's are all stamped as yx on the barrels so they arent engines he has made. not sure on the 125.

just some things brad needs to look at.

my 2c worth

The way a bike is made affects everything.

As you know:

We Design the bikes here in Australia,

what a load of shit

so brad designed these frames for fx racing before braaap even existed

hmmmm tricky fella

and i can buy these frames pretty cheap

i dont think he really designed these frames do you??????

hell thump 140 designed the rev mx in that case and me and ed designed everything on the new cini

dreaming

what a load of shit

so brad designed these frames for fx racing before braaap even existed

hmmmm tricky fella

and i can buy these frames pretty cheap

i dont think he really designed these frames do you??????

hell thump 140 designed the rev mx in that case and me and ed designed everything on the new cini

dreaming

Bashing???

Latest posts

Back