Braaap OWNERS

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noongzy

Reaction score
Newish to the pitbike scene but heres my little weapon.

Attachments

• 21A684A6-153A-4BED-9BB6-9C0791261902.jpeg
    21A684A6-153A-4BED-9BB6-9C0791261902.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Yeah nice bro down the track you can always put a big bore kit with a v2 head which will make your 160 and 184cc
The yx160 are an awesome engine plenty of parts Available for them
You can’t really compare pitbikes to big bikes I don’t reacon I rather ride pitbikes these days lol what size carb you got on your bike?
And depending what size your yz is you’d be surprised how fast you can make pitbikes
My pister pro is side by side with my cousins 2017 crf250

Last edited:
Yeah nice bro down the track you can always put a big bore kit with a v2 head which will make your 160 and 184cc
The yx160 are an awesome engine plenty of parts Available for them
You can’t really compare pitbikes to big bikes I don’t reacon I rather ride pitbikes these days lol what size carb you got on your bike?
And depending what size your yz is you’d be surprised how fast you can make pitbikes
My pister pro is side by side with my cousins 2017 crf250
Yeah except mines a z160ho so slightly different set up to the yx160 i think?
Everything standard at the moment but i think braaap fits 22mm carb to eveything haha i got a spare 26mm mikuni from my quad so i might chuck that on.

My yz250f is still fairly standard but its my pride and joy however i do agree the pitties are more fun!!

Last edited:
Oh yeah sweet the ho is still a great engine it’s basically 155cc engine
With either z155 or z160ho stamped on the cylinder there a powerhouse motor
I’ve had afew of them you can easily modified it in the future if you want
Yeah a 26mm is probs the best all round carb for those engines and you can always try a pe28 I’ve just got it working perfect for my 160
Yeah I know them really well at braaap
They love there 22mm carbs hehe
Pauly has bent over backwards for me multiple times over the years he is the best bike mechanic I no and I don’t even Own a braaap bike even though your in Perth if you need anything for your bike don’t be scared to call them

Oh yeah sweet the ho is still a great engine it’s basically 155cc engine
With either z155 or z160ho stamped on the cylinder there a powerhouse motor
I’ve had afew of them you can easily modified it in the future if you want
Yeah a 26mm is probs the best all round carb for those engines and you can always try a pe28 I’ve just got it working perfect for my 160
Yeah I know them really well at braaap
They love there 22mm carbs hehe
Pauly has bent over backwards for me multiple times over the years he is the best bike mechanic I no and I don’t even Own a braaap bike even though your in Perth if you need anything for your bike don’t be scared to call them
Oh yeah i cant rate them enough!
All i hear is bad things about them on here but im ks away from them and they always helped me out and making sure my bike is running even though im a HD mechanic by trade hahah

Yeah I no it’s not the same for other people I guess everyone has there opinion I’ve never owed a braaap bike I’ve always brought bikes from a different place but they treat me no different there really good to me regardless

That’s what I love about pitbikes there isn’t much you can’t do yourself and things are cheap enough to replace
If you’ve got the know how and a general idea of how and engine works and what you do no most things have been done multiple times and if you can’t find out what you need to it’s mostly likely on here or planet minis lol

Hello,Is the 160HO/155HO what you have in your bike good and any issues yet?

Hello,Is the 160HO/155HO what you have in your bike good and any issues yet?
Yeah its the z160ho and nothing yet!! In saying that its only clocked up about 10 hours with the valve adjusted already. Went for a speed test today and managed 95kph!

Ok,nice! what size rear tire do you have and gearing? just tought that will YX160 be faster in top speed than the Z155.My gearing is 17/41 and my tire is 12 inch

Ok,nice! what size rear tire do you have and gearing? just tought that will YX160 be faster in top speed than the Z155.My gearing is 17/41 and my tire is 12 inch
So mines still factory standard at 17/41T with 14”/17” tyre combo.
Whats the difference between z155 and z160ho? As far as my research goes the z160ho is still a 155cc engine although tuned differently with an oil filter built in?

The z155 has a similar bore and stroke
Think it just has a different stroke by memory
It has a Daytona style clutch which it’s a lot better than a yx and has a close ratio gearbox but pretty sure there isn’t much noticeable difference it’s been years since I had one lol

And im positive the oil filters are interchangeable
There isn’t much difference between the 2 engines you’ll find people that love them and hate them
Z155 are made by zongshen that make Daytona engines so the quality is there

The z155 has a similar bore and stroke
Think it just has a different stroke by memory
It has a Daytona style clutch which it’s a lot better than a yx and has a close ratio gearbox but pretty sure there isn’t much noticeable difference it’s been years since I had one lol

And im positive the oil filters are interchangeable
There isn’t much difference between the 2 engines you’ll find people that love them and hate them
Z155 are made by zongshen that make Daytona engines so the quality is there

Hmm strange .. i might need further research haha but as far as i can when i did my tappets and opened up my clutch cover (curious) it definitely has the daytona style clutches in them

Ok thanks! i will maybe change my gearing to like 17/39 or 17/37 to get it to roadspeeds. are you running rimlock? I just put in new Dunlop geomax 80/100-12 tires and forgot to buy the rimlock.The tire was hell to put on but got it.I run pressures between 20-30psi which is VERY high but still usable.

Ok thanks! i will maybe change my gearing to like 17/39 or 17/37 to get it to roadspeeds. are you running rimlock? I just put in new Dunlop geomax 80/100-12 tires and forgot to buy the rimlock.The tire was hell to put on but got it.I run pressures between 20-30psi which is VERY high but still usable.

No rimlocks yet but i should probably invest in some tbh shit might go sour at top speeds haha

Ive ordered a whole bunch of stuff for my bike so im waiting for delivery so i might add that to the list

Latest posts

Back