Braaap Street Superlite 125 ... Thoughts?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batesey25

Reaction score
Looky here peoples

125cc:
http://www.braaapmotorcycles.com/braaap-Street-Superlite-125cc_p_5466.html

First off, has anyone bought one or ridden one? This is probably the first street legal pitbike since Motovert's rx50 and rx125 (I could be wrong...) and these look like fun. I'll be getting my bike license soon so the street superlite as a bike for short-distance, lonesome travel sounds sweet. However at $3100 it seems a bit pricey...even with all the adr gear and fancy linkage.

What does the general public of MR think of this fine-ish looking specimen of road-enduring minibikes? Would it be worth the ca$hews?

Pitster pro have bought out one in Malaysia, I don't know if they will be coming to aus! It's also a 125cc.

I'm currently in Malaysia on holiday and the pitbike motards are pretty big!

This is a photo I took of one outside of my hotel tonight, not sure what it is though.

a8e9u3es.jpg

Unfortunately $3k sounds about right, even the second hand Verts seem to go for about $1500. I reckon it's a great idea for a first bike, bloody cheap to run and fix, also not much that can't be done in the shed. Also plenty of cheap upgrades. Wouldn't be great for Highway or long trips though, but for a daily commuter reckon it'd be pretty sweet :)

Pitster pro have bought out one in Malaysia, I don't know if they will be coming to aus! It's also a 125cc.

I'm currently in Malaysia on holiday and the pitbike motards are pretty big!

This is a photo I took of one outside of my hotel tonight, not sure what it is though.

a8e9u3es.jpg

That thing looks epic :cool:

Oh this wouldn't be my first bike, believe me! I just love the sound of having a minibike on the road as oppose to something a little more....shiny. It certainly does sound cheap to run!

You reckon much could be done to the motor? They look like a very standard lifan 125 to me :/

Oh this wouldn't be my first bike, believe me! I just love the sound of having a minibike on the road as oppose to something a little more....shiny. It certainly does sound cheap to run!

You reckon much could be done to the motor? They look like a very standard lifan 125 to me :/

Not alot with the lifan, but plenty of other drop in options, something like a Anima 190 if you want to get it screaming :) However if it's not your first bike you might wanna look at something with a bit more balls? Depending on where you plan on riding it, like a Ninja 300 or something to that effect?

An Anima'd make it hammer!! Not sure if that's legal to swap the engine for a much bigger and better motor :S ...I'm sure there'd be a way?

And I'm more keen on a supermoto than a supersport or a naked bike or anything of similar classes Tim. I've been riding my Dad's te449 a lot (not on the road...yet) and found husqvarna makes a motard version of it; the SMR 449. Only thing stopping me from getting one is the fact they're $10,000+. Sure I'd love one, but I'm just limited by the monehs.

For now, I'm keen on this little thing. It's not ridiculously expensive (still not too low either), looks cheap to run and besides...it also looks like fun xD

Have been watching Brad build this for ages, good to see it released finally.

Used to live and work in Singapore and Malaysia, mortared is massive there and the locals sure can ride. Bikes are massive there, all my employees had some trick 2 stroke scooters. Won't be long till you see a braaap there I reckon. Malaysia boleh

Have been watching Brad build this for ages, good to see it released finally.

Used to live and work in Singapore and Malaysia, mortared is massive there and the locals sure can ride. Bikes are massive there, all my employees had some trick 2 stroke scooters. Won't be long till you see a braaap there I reckon. Malaysia boleh

Hahahaha I'd rather ride then drive here it's ****in mental! I think braaap might take a while there pretty expensive lol plus both the Pitster pro 450/125 are made here and they can't jam 4 people on hahahaha

An Anima'd make it hammer!! Not sure if that's legal to swap the engine for a much bigger and better motor :S ...I'm sure there'd be a way?

And I'm more keen on a supermoto than a supersport or a naked bike or anything of similar classes Tim. I've been riding my Dad's te449 a lot (not on the road...yet) and found husqvarna makes a motard version of it; the SMR 449. Only thing stopping me from getting one is the fact they're $10,000+. Sure I'd love one, but I'm just limited by the monehs.

For now, I'm keen on this little thing. It's not ridiculously expensive (still not too low either), looks cheap to run and besides...it also looks like fun xD

If keen on motard, the DRZ's arn't to bad a bike and can be picked up pretty cheap, mate sold his 650 (learner legal here) about 1 month ago for $5k it only had 3-4k on the clock and was 2yrs old. Anything European is gonna be expensive, but there is usually good reason for the excessive price :)

2nd hand wr450 5k and go for a long time on a rebuild I'm not to sure on the price tag remember the mot overt came with GPx forks this comes with a ****ty looking triple clamp.. Atleast it comes with a linkage.. Sorry brad.
Motor wise I would just do a swap the$$ will be better for the power go the 190 or better 150 for lessish mate ence I could go on but I hate typing on the phone

If keen on motard, the DRZ's arn't to bad a bike and can be picked up pretty cheap, mate sold his 650 (learner legal here) about 1 month ago for $5k it only had 3-4k on the clock and was 2yrs old. Anything European is gonna be expensive, but there is usually good reason for the excessive price :)

I've been sceptical about the DRZ's ... What're they like compared to a 450? I'm sure they'd require less taking apart and servicing being a non-competitive machine

I've been sceptical about the DRZ's ... What're they like compared to a 450? I'm sure they'd require less taking apart and servicing being a non-competitive machine

Yea more of a bulletproof vs race scenario, big 650 is not so quick (reckon my TE410 would eat it for breakfast) but bulletproof. Hmmm depends on what your after :)

If they ever bring one of these out with the 190 in it I'll buy one for sure I think the 125 would get boring pretty quickly

I finally got to pick up the Street Superlite on the weekend. I ordered the 190. The current setup is the 125 version. I'm waiting on the 14' wheels and 32 tooth sprocket to turn up in a couple of weeks time and then I'll put in the 190 Daytona engine.

So if you didn't understand what I have said above, they gave me the 125 version and then gave me the Daytona engine seperatly to throw in myself.

From what I understand is that when you order the 190 version it will come with 14' wheels. I have got 12' wheels on at the moment to get me mobile and will swap to the 14' wheels when their stock turn up.

First on the list of upgrades is an exhaust and then a smaller number plate holder to tidy up the rear end.

D8D52150-84A4-4D87-8FD7-AC9C51F8993A.jpg

Latest posts

Back