brake trouble

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just finished watching the youtube video on how to bleed your brakes and did everything that was said. The fluid came through clear without bubbles so i topped up the resivoir but the brakes wont come on.I repeated the process a couple of times and still no luck.It feels like there is no pressure being built up.
Any ideas would be appreciated, also its the back brake and i dont know much about bikes so keep it simple :)
cheers

Air trapped in there mate. its hard to bleed them wen you try to push the air down when it wants to naturally go up. I could only bleed mine by takin them off the bike and setting it up so the caliper is higher than the cylinder

Everyone has their own way of doing it but I had a real mongrel of a time doing mine and this is the only method I found worked.

yeah i can tell its going to be a ***** to get back on.
So do i just drain all the fluid so its empty then leave the nipple off and put the resivoir back on then fill it back up?

some times they go together real easy and other times they are shocking and it takes the smallest amout of air to not get any pressure.
My front brakes were a breeze. Its my rears that were a pain in the ass.
I set it up on my bench. I had the caliper mounted up above the Master cylinder.
Had a hose on the nipple full of fluid with the nipple open.
I pushed the piston in and held it until the air rose all the way up thru the line then let it go. Kept doin that until I got pressure. Dont let the fluid run low in the master cylinder at all and be patient. U may have to keep filling the hose up aswell. you will get it.

the easiest i have found is to bleed them in 3 stages...

1. remove the brake line from the master and bleed the master using your finger over the brake line hole.
2. attach the brake line back on the master but remove it from the caliper and bleed the master and brake line using a finger in each side of the brake line (where the banjo bolt fits through)
3. attach everything as normal but raise the back of the bike so the caliper is higher than the master and bleed away...

the best results tho, also use a vacuum bleeder on step 3..

remember tho to always keep an eye on the brake fluid level.

if you do the above but still get nowhere, toss your brakes in the bin and buy a new fully assembled kit.. cause it obviously has an issue

Latest posts

Back