Brand New Lifan Motor, NO COMPRESSION? HELP PLEASE

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSR125

Reaction score
I currently have an SSR125 pit bike and I needed a new motor. I bought a brand new LIFAN 125cc motor, I think I hooked everything up right but not sure if I'm missing anything due to practically having NO COMPRESSION!

The clutch cable is disconnected so I know that it is not too tight. The flywheel sticks even though the clutch cable isn't connected.

Any help on installing a new motor and what to do? Something with the carb? Anything helps. Please get back to me.

**Also i do not have the chain hooked up. Do i need it to just start the engine?

Last edited:
When you say they aren't very "hi comp" do you mean they are cheap?

Nah what he means is that the motors dont usually have high compression, lifans are still good engines but they will seem easy to kick and this is due to the low compression. Your timing on the cam chain could be off or the valves may need adjustment... does it only have little compression or absolutely non?

Nah what he means is that the motors dont usually have high compression, lifans are still good engines but they will seem easy to kick and this is due to the low compression. Your timing on the cam chain could be off or the valves may need adjustment... does it only have little compression or absolutely non?

It has low compression but when i kick the bike over it does nothing. I haven't touched the engine components at all only installed everything on the bike.

so no like sound of it turning over or valves opening, for valves there is like a faint pssst sound from the exhaust and if the engine is turning over there will be like a duh duh duh but getting lower as you get to the Bottom of the kick. If neither of these are happening it could be clutch related

Pull the plug out, shine a torch in the plug hole and get some on to turn it over, then you know if the engine is turning over....

Sent from my ALCATEL_4034A using Tapatalk

Or just take the stator cover off, see if the flywheel spin when you kick it over. These motors the kicker drives through the clutch, if the clutch adjustment is out, the motor wont turn over. Just because it is new don't assume the clutch is adjusted correctly (or even assembled correctly), chinese quality control ain't the best

Or just take the stator cover off, see if the flywheel spin when you kick it over. These motors the kicker drives through the clutch, if the clutch adjustment is out, the motor wont turn over. Just because it is new don't assume the clutch is adjusted correctly (or even assembled correctly), chinese quality control ain't the best
Yep clutch adjusted wrongly can cause this. If a start in neutral only bike do not engage the clutch or can cause a similar issue

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just saw clutch cable not connected.

Any updates?

Latest posts

Back