Brendo's 140 Build (heaps of pictures)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8r3nd0

Sinister 50's
Reaction score
Hi guys's & girls i just thought that i would post up how my builds been going, and

hopefully someone might find something use full in reading this and as always

opinions are more than welcome good or bad, so bring it on.

So basically the bike is a DHZ 140 Dpro that i picked up from the Villawood store for

$1000 and from what i remember what followed was the quickest trip home from

Sydney ive ever done. This was not my first pit bike but i couldn't really say i knew a

great deal either but i am pretty practically switched on so putting it together was

pretty easy and all the necessary things were done like loctite and grease on all the

parts that needed it.

The bike kicked over second kick and has ran awesome ever since. It didnt take long

for the mods to start and the first was an oko 26mm from Dhz online and all i can say

is i tryed everything to get this size carb to work on a 140 with no success. I know

how to tune this carb as ive got another 160 running strong with this carby but after

many hours,plug chops, jet and clip changes and valve checks i decide to go the

24mm oko.

photogxh.jpg

And all i can say is it works a treat with a 35 pilot 98 main and clip on center notch.

Next came all the cosmetic stuff like grips, colored fuel line so and so.

I think i had the bike for a few months until i was feed up with the stock suspension

bottoming out so guess what came in the post? Thats right a new set of forks and a

new rear shock.

Gpx moto minicross Black labels with trple clamps.

photo1hwb.jpg

290mm Elka remote reservoir shock.

photo22or.jpg

So the Gpx forks came first to install and in a nut shell was a **** to install mainly

because the triple clamps did not fit the 70 style frame for they were not long

enough for the clamp nut to even come close to going on aswell as the steering

stoppers on the frame did not line up so to say at full lock the forks were hitting my

tank so off everything came and on went the old triples which isn't a big loss in my

opinion but if there is one thing i can say that is if your going to mod a pit bike be

ready for most things to not fit just straight on because most of the things ive done

have needed some persuasion.

After that came the Elka and that was easy as to put in just two bolts and it was on

the only thing is i didnt get the brackets for the reservoir but was easy enough to

make one up at work.

After the suspension upgrade the bike is a dream to ride a hit the bigger stuff with

and i haven't bottomed out since but also im not hitting huge doubles either but the

setup is getting tested and is holding up well.

Next thing to come was a new pipe and a fresh coat of paint on the subframe.

photo23og.jpg

I had a mate help with installing the new pipe because i found i had to shorten it a

fraction and change the bend slightly to get the mounting points to line up, he use to

race for Husqvarna so knows his **** and said that shortening it and changing the

bend would not effect the power at all so away we went and to to finish it of we heat

wrapped the pipe like my other bikes. I actually like the way it sits on the bike aswell

it dosent hang out like dogs balls like the lxr and the thing sounds awesome now,

much louder now and as far as performance goes i think there was a slight gain in

power delivery but its hard to say as when i changed the pipe i also upgraded the coil

to a takagawa super coil with a splitfire twin core lead and a Ngk iridium plug. The

new ignition set up was an awesome decision as you can tell with start up and running

it seems is so much smoother than stock.

photo43si.jpg

I also just put on a genuine Boyesen ignition cover which is far better than the sticker

one i had before haha.

photo33gv.jpg

Here's a few pictures i took tonight as it is now and also the new Magik kit on the way

that i'm hoping to get installed by the end of next week.

photo12kvc.jpg

photo2coy.jpg

photo32mo.jpg

Got inspired by Nicks build obviously haha hope you dont mined mate.

photo13ad.jpg

As always there's many more things to come, for example just bought a BBR gear

shifter while putting this together. Ive got some many other things to mention which i

will update when im not so sleepy but that's about it for now. Will keep you guys

updated on how the build goes. :bolt:

Wow great start to a thread!

bikes looking sweet cant wait to see it with the graphics.

are you going to replace the red tire?

And i was wondering were did you get that sano systems decal?

MagikSC have obviously done his graphics. They do some sweet stuff. Are you running any Sik Tendencies stuff Brendo?? Or do you just like the look of their sticker kits ?? Those kits do look awesome, plenty of their ex race bikes getting around and they always look so good ??

Wow great start to a thread!

bikes looking sweet cant wait to see it with the graphics.

are you going to replace the red tire?

And i was wondering were did you get that sano systems decal?

Cheers mate ive been considering getting a new blue billet set of rims with blue hubs then powder coating the spokes black but just cant pull the trigger on it, but if i do then yeah the red tyres gone for sure. Oh by the way i did up the Sano swingarm at work.

Last edited:
MagikSC have obviously done his graphics. They do some sweet stuff. Are you running any Sik Tendencies stuff Brendo?? Or do you just like the look of their sticker kits ?? Those kits do look awesome, plenty of their ex race bikes getting around and they always look so good ??

Yeah thought it was pretty obvious that Magik is doing the kit but hey now he knows, as far as running any Sik Tendencies stuff id have to say no because frankly havent seen anything around for awhile and also that was the basic template from Magik that ive liked the look of for ages now and after seeing it on another bike on here couldn't say no.

could this help you fit the fork clamps?
http://www.miniriders.com/ask-tech-masters/33648-dnm-forks-mods.html
Really like the bike looks great.

Thanks for the link and encouragement mate but i already read though here top to bottom, and the problem was the stem wasn't long enough and i couldn't of been bothered getting a new one pressed in, there was no way to mod it to get it to fit, and i still would of had the problem with the stoppers not lining up and the forks hitting the tank. Its all good anyway i ended up using them on my 160 and they bolted straight up with no dramas so they haven't gone to waste.

Just a quick update as some of you may of noticed the bike is actually entered in this months 50 of the month with twin coolers and until a few days ago ran fine or so i thought. The bike would run sweet as and was perfect for the long rides for it would stay cooler but i found recently excess smoke on start up so i decide to check the plug and **** was it black, it had way to much carbon build up on it. So back to Google and found that all thou with the new setup i was doing the engine a favor by better cooling id in fact went to far and was not letting the engine/spark plug get to optimum temps for the carbon to burn off and considering that my rides are mostly only short ones i thought i'd better drop one cooler off and go back to one. As soon as i did problem fixed, i had a feeling from the start that twin coolers on a 140 would be over kill but couldn't resist the urge to have a go anyway. So if anyone else wants to do it than by all means have a crack but i urge them not to try it if their planning on doing it to anything smaller than a 160. Here is a couple of pictures of the setup and the custom bracket i made up for the twin coolers.

photo25a.jpg

photo15mh.jpg

photo44m.jpg

photo24c.jpg

photo14wq.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking bike mate. Your doing a good quality job. +reps
The problem you came across with the twin oil coolers goes to show that they do work.
I have heard of HP gains on a dyno on big bore bikes from running a twin cooler setup over a single setup but didnt realise it would keep smaller bore engines too cool. Learn smething new everyday.

ASV levers

Thanks guys, i've been so close to getting some asv levers for it because i've been having trouble with the ****ty lever the hydraulic clutch comes with, i like the softer feel of the china so called hydraulic clutch just not when the bushes keep wearing out and the lever coming lose in your hand. I suppose the question is are they worth the 140 bucks or are the cheaper copies gonna be decent enough. :confused-smiley-013

Yeah i recon go the black and blue rims would look mad but go baby blue spokes :)

and do you recon you could give me the sano file?

Got my new kit and bbr shifter today and just got hooked up with a set of blue billet rims installed with a new set of carlsbads from DHZ. I hope to get everything on this weekend. What do you guys think of the kit, Its got some chrome dots with silver and hologram logos and pictures dont do it justice.

photo2mzm.jpg

photo3bk.jpg

photo1pg.jpg

i think its finished, well i hope!

Got some time over the weekend to finish putting on the graphics, rims and rubber.
Just waiting for some new ASV replica levers to come and it will be done, i think haha.

Unfortunately the billet brake pedal i ordered doesn't even come close to fitting but like most things it came as no surprise. Also had to cut the rear brake side spacer to get the new wheels to fit and run straight.
The pictures don't do it justice i reckon i'm stoked with how it turned out. I'm not gonna even start adding up how much iv'e spent and that's without any engine mods to speak of.
Now to start saving for our wedding that's in two months.

photo12eb.jpg

photo22nv.jpg

photo5pq.jpg

photo4ouy.jpg

Latest posts

Back