Broken bearing?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenwingz

Reaction score
My rear wheel wiggles but the axle is perfect, could this be caused by the tyre not being put on properly or a busted bearing?

how are your spokes? i once rode a bike that sounded like i had a piece of card board in the spokes turns out they were all loose!

it sounds like you need to pull the axle out and drop the back wheel down, unhook the chain and take the wheel out and look at it.
if you pop the seal out you should be able to put your little finger in the bearing and it should turn freely.
the inner cage of the bearing shouldn't move up and down in the outer cage though.

it will say the size/type on the side of the bearing, on the metal/rubber seal.
eg; 6202Z, this bearing has a 35mm outside diameter and 15mm inside.

if the bearings you have now have a metal seal instead of rubber,
i'd try and get ones with rubber seals, they seal out dust/dirt and water much better than the metal seal bearings and last a lot longer too.

so if your bearing is a 6202Z, replace them with 6202 2RS bearings, the 2RS part means they have 2 rubber seals.
and buy some good quality japanese bearings if you can,
most bearing shops like CBC Bearings etc sell them around $6 - $10 each

measure it up yourself inside diameter and out better yet take the bad bearing out and take it to a shop and they will measure it for you

Latest posts

Back