Broken YX. Only got it yesterday :(

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clinton3

Reaction score
Hey all,

Today was my first ride on my Dirtmax Dominator +r with a 160cc YX engine.

The bike is second hand with about 5 hours on it. Never seen more then a paddock.

After about 30mins I stopped the engine and when I went to start it the rear wheel was locked, even in N or with the cluch in. Also the kick start was jammed. No movement in it.

After about 2mins of rocking the bike back and forward the rear wheel became free and the kick start now follows it full swing of motion but seems as if it is not connected to anything. You can feel it's skipping over teeth. So I can not start the bike.

Do you guys know if this is a major problem?
Recon it's an easy fix if I open the case?

Cheers

Clinton

yes bad, sounds like you have smashed kick start gears.

mite need to pull the side cover off and have a look see, to make sure you havent not done them and check your casing at the same time..

post a pic of your bike mate..keen to see it.

ok.. its not uncommon for a dirtmax engine to crack engine cases from kick back..
i got 2 dirtmax engines in my shed that roughly had 10 or so hrs each on them.. both got cracked cases..
woggy seen one yesterday and was a bit surprised that they could crack like that..

look at the back of your engine where it bolts to the frame.. most the time they crack around there and thru the clutch cover..
if its only a minor crack you will have to remove the clutch cover, clutch and kicker gears to see it...

but lets just hope its the kicker gears that are dead..

Latest posts

Back