BSE Atomik RS125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chewy

Reaction score
Model: RS125

Make: BSE

Year: 2007

Specs:
Engine - Lifan 125 1P54FMI
Fuel capacity - 3L
Transmission - N1234 start in neutral
Suspension System - Upside down forks and resovoir shock
Max speed - dunno
Weight - 65KG claimed
Engine starting - neutral
Seat Height - 750mm

Who this bike is for: Someone doesnt mind fixing the bike after every ride, beginners or kids who are very easy on the bike.

Price: $650

Shock came apart, shaft sepertated from the lower mount. I had to use a press to put it back together. The lower shock mount is just a bolt running in plain aluminium which ovalises, pretty crappy. Replace the lower shock bolt with one with a longer shank.
I made a Custom upper shock bush out of a KX85 piston pin
When I started hitting bigger jumps every spoke in the rear wheel became loose after about 30 mins.
Rear axle bent
Rear brakes have stopped working
There is no support under the middle of the seat, so it sags and you sit in the frame. I made a seat support out of steel strap that bolts to the upper shock mount.
Chain guide cam off today and got eaten by the rear sprocket - my fault didnt check bolts
Chain roller fell off and lost, doesnt really need it - same
unsealed bearings in headstem which poke out the bottem of the frame, no dust seals for wheelbearings.
Cast sections of frame of dubious quality.
Intake manifold has sharp 90degree bend
exhaust a bit of a hack job
Engine only starts in neutral
Engine seems to be lacking in power a little (think it might be a bit lean)

Now for the good.
Good tyres, chain and sprockets. Wheel set seems strong (keep spokes tight)
Bearings in swingarm
Suspension is quite good, both ends a little soft but have a nice action.
controls and handle bars have not bent or broken yet despite lots of crashes (no big ones tho)
It handles well, I really like the geometry of the frame
dual 12"s are cool
Engine runs well and seems pretty solid
I made a custom perforated core for the muffler and turned into a glass pack style (original just has a diffuser style plate)

Thats about all I can think of, its my first china bike. It has needed a bit of work but I think once everything settles down and all the bugs are ironed out it will be a good bike. Overall I like it and its a shit load of fun

2007%5C11%5C06%5Cbikepics-1079217-full.jpg

Replace the stock handle bars ASAP, They will snap clean off after a couple of spills. They broke while my brother was literally just riding along and would have caused a nasty crash if it happened while jumping.
I replaced the fork oil with 150ml of 20wt in each leg which has made the forks 100% better on the big hits, but a little stiff on the little stuff. 15wt would work well.

its a bse with atomik stickers
just like the other atomiks are apollo's and shit

Latest posts

Back