Bt200x - prepping for high elevation?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdubb

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the mini bike scene. Nostalgia kicked in and now I have a Coleman BT200X mini bike on the way. I thought about some potential issues that I can't seem to find a topic/answer on, here in the forum.

My question is: If I plan to ride this 196cc, carbureted Coleman mini bike at elevations between 6-9k ft, should I plan to swap out the carb to something that is jetted for those elevations? If so, what jetting should I be focusing on? Note: I live at 5k feet and it will never run at a lower altitude than that. FYI the stock carb jets are "locked" into the carb and Im reading that if you want to change the jet, you have to buy a new carb.

Ok, hopefuly that helps! Thanks in advance for any wisdom!

Well, I’ve done some additional research and found the Tilloltson mech fuel injection carb may meet my needs around optimizing performance at elevation.

I post this in case there is some additional wisdom to share

Well, I’ve done some additional research and found the Tilloltson mech fuel injection carb may meet my needs around optimizing performance at elevation.

I post this in case there is some additional wisdom to share
I didn't think about elevation.....I live at 5000ft I ride higher and lower sometimes....do you suggested this carb for me? Same bike.

i think the honda carb will work. just make sure it has a adjustable and not a locked jet. let me look at some info real quick. i think its a gs200 carb. i just ordered one, now I have to look and see what i ordered. its for the same engine. should be here the 15th. i could find think any info if it was abjustable or not for the one i ordered. will let you know if it is or not.

Latest posts

Back