Buckled rim or perhaps tyre?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini one

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Not a very technical question but has anyone ever herd of a buckled tyre? Can't quite tell whether it's the tyre or the rim but when spinning the rear wheel it looks to be buckled however when the wheel is spinning the disc is straight and not hitting the brake pads but when looking at the tyre you can definitely see a wobble. Thanks guys for any help or recommendations.

Hi everyone! Not a very technical question but has anyone ever herd of a buckled tyre? Can't quite tell whether it's the tyre or the rim but when spinning the rear wheel it looks to be buckled however when the wheel is spinning the disc is straight and not hitting the brake pads but when looking at the tyre you can definitely see a wobble. Thanks guys for any help or recommendations.

Hey guys, just had a another look at the rear wheel and have come to the conclusion that the rim is most probably bent, thanks to those who have read my my post.

Hey bud welcome to miniriders :)
How bad does it wobble? If it does very slightly I think you will be fine but In general you should get another rim

Thanks mate, yeah it's quite bad, you do notice it when riding at speed, will definitely get another rim from DHZ, thanks for the reply

Yeah mate I have a little kink in my front wheel but given we’re goin into lock down Might not be able to ride much lol
Yeah dhz for sure I just ordered a bunch of parts lol

Hey guys and gals, so just gotten the new rear rim and it turns out the rim lock wasn't seated properly on the old rim which I think made the wheel appear buckled, so now have a spare rim! Anyway, dose anyone know if there is a way of seating the rim lock properly with out taking the tyre off again?? lol

have you got a photo, an unseated rimlock won't make your rim look buckled, if it looks buckled it is, you need to get the rim trued and spokes tightened correctly...

I don't have a pic at the moment but have managed to seat the rim lock properly on the new rim with the old tyre, spokes seem to be tight as its a new rim but who knows with unbranded parts, when I spin the wheel inflated it still has a wobble, could it be the tyre possibly out of shape?
Cheers!

is the tyre seated on the bead properly, the spokes on your new rim will come loose quickly as the nipples seat with riding so will need to be checked and tightend frequently until settled, when tightening do every 4th spoke and work your way round to avoid buckling the rim.

is the tyre seated on the bead properly, the spokes on your new rim will come loose quickly as the nipples seat with riding so will need to be checked and tightend frequently until settled, when tightening do every 4th spoke and work your way round to avoid buckling the rim.
Hey, thanks for the reply, yes it is seated properly now, I have put a new tyre on and it spin with no wobbles now, will have to keep an eye on it after a few rides, cheers for tips on tightening spokes.

Latest posts

Back