Budget Build Primmy Moist Weather Motard

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, nah, with countersunk disc bolts it's already oh so close. The only option would be to set the wheel further right, then rubbing will begin!!

[edit] Only other option may be some sort of funky bleed connection??

Yeah it's alway's fun adapting brake's etc and making them work,
i've done a few AP caliper's onto shortened BW Commodore diff's in MG's, TR7's etc.

Here's an idea for you, see the raised boss where the bleed screw screw's into.
Could you redrill it in closer to the centre of the caliper, and then fit a plug into the original bleeder hole ?
Have you ever had one apart and checked out the cross over port to see if it might work
Another thing you could try is to strip the caliper down, have the original hole welded up, then redrill & tap the new hole at a 45° angle to how it sit's now to lean the screw out to the side more

KTM85sxfrontcaliper.jpg

It will work with the 220mm disc, but not the 240mm. I'm thinking I adapt it to fit the 220 and see how it feels. If it's no good, I'll just get a twin pot pitbike caliper of eBay for 40 bucks!!!!

Manifold spinner installed!

40795cd27ea59a6506ada09250ce299f.jpg

26mm power jet style oko turned up too! Supposed to be able to fine tune top end fuelling on the screw near the carb mouth and run all other jetting a tad leaner!!! Need new air cleaner!

ac90a92bbe1db08df21f1c7ff952bc91.jpg

Does that Oko have a clear fuel bowl ?
There is a small jet underneath it with a flat head.
You disconnect the hose off the fuel bowl and block the tube into the carby and jet it to suit, then reconnect the powerjet and try it out
Main jetting work out to be between 10% and 15% leaner

I'm thinking about an Oko 30mm for the 190

Last edited:
No clear fuel bowl, but I learnt about these power jet carbs when a mate put a Lectron on his Husky 300.

Here is the link to the 30mm:
OKO 30mm Flat Slide Racing Carby Scooter ATV Quad Carburator | eBay

What I wasn't expecting was a fully polished throat!!! JR must do it himself, because I've never got an oko that has the mouth and choke throat already polished!!!

Thanks for the info 67!!!!

On your Oko, on the manifold side at the top there is a barb, or on your's just a raised boss ?
They use that for the oil feed when fitted to 2 stroke's, so check whether your's is still a blank, or whether it's been drilled through for the press in brass barb.
You'll need to block it if it's the latter, i tapped mine on my Oko 24mm Powerjet carb and Loctited a grub screw into it.
My old Oko 24mm PJ was machined and semi polished when i got it, i smoothed out the machining transition's then buffed/polished it to a mirror finish though.
Jetting wise the Oko24 came with an #80 main jet and a 50mm pilot jet
And have you noticed it come's with a round main jet instead of the hex main ?
You can buy a new tower to bolt in and convert it to the hex main's though, there's a couple of hole's that need to be enlarged/drilled too in those china copy Oko carby's .

I don't know if your saw it a little while ago but i just picked up a used Lectron 36mm for my Yamaha IT200 too, they're nice carby's for sure, and best thing is no need to buy jet's/needle for it once it's been set up either.

If you like the way it run's with the Powerjet, you can buy a Powerjet conversion kit from Mikuni that fit's most carby's too
I paid $30 inc delivery from Nichecycle on ebay for mine
Mikuni Power Jet Kit

photo-3-510x674.jpg

Vergaser-Mikuni-TMX-38-157-Powerjet.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I'll need to check if that hole goes all the way through (bottom picture post #25) unless I want to hook up oil injection!!! Upper cylinder lube??? NOS??? Water injection????

Regs mention not having any additives in the fuel but I don't recall seeing anything about drip feeds into the carby [emoji14]

How good would it be to plumb in a separate fuel tank to the power jet with elf racing fuel just to the top end jet, just that extra little push right at the top!!!!

Lol,
sound's like the NHRA Drag Racing Dodge/Chrysler boy's back in the '70s running the Sneaky Pete Nitrous oxide system's hidden in their rollcage's etc

I can imagine Ringo explaining it, Nitrous noooo, it's just a fancy catch can

nos-05029.jpg

that's looking really nice, you mind telling me what frame that is, and also what size tires those are they look like a perfect size for the frame

Hey mate
Thats a Terramoto frame. Atomik has also made the same style as well.

Holy thread revival Batman!!

I've been so busy in recent months I don't frequent here as much as I used to!!

This bike is now done, I'll dig out some pics soon, the rims are 2.15x12 and 3.00x12 but the swing arm was too short and I had to lengthen the axle slot so I could pull the wheel back far enough to clear!!!

Now when I say this bike is done, the second hand t-rex motor has developed a shift problem. Whenever I shift down to 2nd it overshoots into neutral, it got so annoying at the last race day I geared it down a tooth on the front sprocket and started using 3rd gear in all of the corners and 4th on the straight just to avoid going near it. I need to have a look at the shift star and see what's going on!

A couple of interesting notes:

The 65sx brakes mounted to the 240mm disc are absolutely fantastic!

The bike steers a lot heavier than the 65 KTM so it should be more manageable in the wet. Assuming it was your normal 10kg heavy than the KTM as most of my competitors bikes are, I was as surprised as anyone when it tipped the scales at 1kg heavier (64kg wet), it must have a much higher CoG. I put a longer rear shock in to bring the rake angle in and it has probably caused this. Next up I'll try shortening the forks internally and putting the shorter shock back in.

Funnily enough, this bike is "tiny" next to my KTM which was always the smallest bike in the class!!!

Latest posts

Back