Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiesenburg

Reaction score
hey,

so this is my build post, its a on going process and got a fair bita work to do, the bike was originally a 2006 crf50 ( at one stage of its life ) they was heavily modded, then was sold onto someone else who well for better lack of works didnt treat it quite well.. so i bought it back and am starting is new lease on life, at this time this is what is has, keeping in mind most of it has to be fixed.

Sano clamps
Sano HD Ultra forks,
HD 12 inch rims & HD spokes
Fast50s Frame
Fast 50s +2 Swing arm
Tall seat
Takegawa 88cc Big bire kit
Fast50s exaust
Fast50s billet cap
Fast 50 HD foot pegs
Fast50s d footpeg mount

Things it needs
New Bars
New throttle and cable and grips
Possibly a new carby
New rear tyre
new rear brake system
New plastics
new chain
New electronics
new CDI
New bash plate
and the big one is the engine.. i was told it did the clutch as it stopped running after what i was told was some coming from near the magneto, but when i cracked the right side of the engine casing only like 100mls of oil came out witch is a worry also, so ill have to further look at that as it comes

i will be putting pics and stuff up soon from the last 2 days as i got it.

Last edited by a moderator:
... so heres what it looked like when it got back to me... the forks and all that are there i has just removed them before i took this pic

Last edited:
for some reason they spray painted it silver :confused-smiley-014

Last edited:
so i stripped it down so i could get a real count of the game

got a list going

so i began stripping the silver house paint from the frame

then found this " lovely " welding job, clearly been snaped at engine mount point and had a go a at re welding.. so that will be off to a boilermaker to be cleaned up re welded and might get them to tack a few plates on in places for strength.

after a few to many fumes the paint was comptetly stripped and after the metal work is done is going to be sent off for hammertone.. cant wait ! :action-smiley-033:

Last edited:
welcome to Miniriders,

make sure you drop in and say g'day in our Introduce Yourself thread too
http://www.miniriders.com/general-chat/20824-introduce-yourself.html

wow, it would suck pulling it down, seeing what it gas become since you've had it.

but good effort taking it on again!
you might need to start a Photobucket account to get some big pics up too, i only looked at a couple of the above ones.
have a look here, there are some good tips etc
http://www.miniriders.com/general-c...ers-old-new-few-helpful-tips-hints-ideas.html

cheers, craig

hey craig, thanks for the info mate. ill get on to it now hey, yeh gonna be a bit of a effort but well worth it i think if i can build somthing well enough and keep it to one day teach my kids to ride on you know! :)

no problems,
yeah i know exactly what you mean with the kids wanting to ride it later.
Cj is always talking about riding the DS80 when he is about 10 years old, but i'll be selling that soon.
i'm sure i'll still have something else he can ride though !

and yeah the pics look a lot better now too, i can't be bothered clicking on them to open up the full size image , especially if you are trying to type a reply, and then referance something from the pic etc
wanting to look at it again.
i have to open a duplicate page and then keep swapping which one i'm looking at, and then typing on the other.
it all get's too hard sometimes..... lol

Latest posts

Back