Buying new bike.. Whats your thoughts?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skidz.1

Reaction score
Posted again in here as i think i posted in the wrong section before!

Hey guys how are ya. Just thought i would chuck up a post to see what every ones thoughts/experiences are on the two bikes i am looking at. Any help would be much appreciated.

So i currently have the 2012 Motovert Type r 160ho, and i now want to buy another bike with the daytona 190 in it instead of just putting the engine into the vert. So the two i am looking at are

2016 DHZ Outlaw with a 190cc
or
2017 YCF Factory sp3 190cc

Now i know there is a big price different in the two and that does not worry me. The ycf i really like as it has high quality parts/suspention and feels real nice, well built, 2 exhausts, 1 race and 1 quiet. but has no rear linkage. Now i have never ridden a bike with no rear linkage.

And the dhz has the rear linkage but without the top of line suspention/parts and exhausts like the ycf does. love the look of them with crf plastics, but i have never owned one and not much info about them so not sure how good they are?

As i said its about $1500 price difference between the two and that does not worry me to much as long as i buy the right bike. I will mainly be using it at frankston mx track and on private property/bush trail riding.

Appreciate any help or info on the two bikes and would love to hear what peoples thoughts are on linkage or no linkage. Thanks

Hey mate.

I'd be sticking with the Motovert to be honest. The DHZ was based off of the Pitster Pro LXR which is the original bike that nearly everyone has copied. The Type R is built by Psto which is essentially Pitster pro(They come out of the same factory). Also being that your Type R is the 160ho model it has the GPX black label forks and the DNM piggy back shock. Which is identical to what the DHZ runs.

The Ycfs while good are very tall and skinny so it feels like you are riding a plank of wood.
I own a LXR and a Type R and and after owning a Ycf bling and a factory pro I can comfortably say I much prefer the linkage bikes. The way they handle is amazing while the Ycfs I owned where very twitchy.
That being said though I know of many people who swear by the Ycfs and wouldn't ride anything else.

If more power is what you are after a TB V2 head, Ceramic 160cc cylinder with a high comp piston will keep up to a 190 no problems. These parts will bolt straight onto your stock Z160ho in your type R.
Although the power delivery of a TB built motor is a lot more aggressive then the Daytona 190. The 190 will far surpass the torque of a TB built motor down low in the revs but as soon as you start getting it up in the revs its very comparable.

Any other questions just shoot mate. Cheers

Thanks for the reply mate i appreciate it.

I went and looked at the 2017 ycf today and at didnt feel much skinnier than the vert. My main worry is the no linkage as i have never ridden one before. The thing thats pushing me to a ycf is the quality of it, owning a vert and going to look at all these other bikes, in my eyes they dont compare to the ycf in quality. Other thing is that im worried about this anima having problems with crank cases etc that a lot of people are still having with the 2.0 versions. And i have spoken to the importer of ycf in qeensland and he gives a 6 months warranty, specifically told me that if you have any problems with crack in case or anything in 6 month the motor will be replaced no questions once inspected and confirmed by my dealer. And by everyone else they told me no warranty at all for the race engine. Dont get me wrong the vert is a great bike, and goes great, but instead of changing the engine i rather keep it as a spare bike for up the property as its only done about 15 hours. And to buy another one with a anima does not interest me to much. I also noticed the 2016 lxr 190 has removed linkage to, but not on the 155 models. Any reasons for this that you know of?

No worries mate.

Have you seen the new BIGY by Ycf I havent seen one in person but they look like a solid unit.
I dunno if Ycf would 100% cover it as the only reason they crack if from not kick starting them correctly. So they may come back and say it was from improper starting technique. As some stores have come back to say that before. My V2 Daytona is on its 3rd piston and its still going strong.
The Ycfs are defiantly good quality and last the time. The suspension on them is probably one of the best that come on factory bikes. I run the Engi forks on my LXR that come off of the factory pro.

What year was it mate? I have had a look at latest specs of 2015 and 2017 and the Wet weight of the sp3 is 73kg. And the dry weight of my 2012 vert type r/lxr 160's is 75kg.

And Also noticed they also use a engi rear shock in them now to

Also went and looked at the Mx1 and they do look nice in person, but few things i dont like at all. The seat is way to thin and hard as a rock. You cant pick the bike up from rear fender as there is no sub to grab, so you need to lift it by the exhaust lol. Front end feels way to low, clutch lever is garbage, Air filter just fits between the engine and frame and is squished in the middle of them, Front shocks feel way to stiff. All this with a 4.5k tag on it the bike should be perfect. Only good thing thats changed with them is they now use a 33 flatside carb. Even though i would probably prefer the pe28 on the 190.

Just not sure what to do now. Got told that i cant even look and sit on a 2017 sp3 unless i put a $500 deposit on it before the dealer gets one in, And if i dont like it i cant get the money back lol. Kind of a deal breaker for me tbh. He has a 2015 sp3 in the shop and it feels nice. But with all the changes with the 2017 i at least would like to sit on one and make sure im happy with what im buying. Whats wrong with the world these days haha

Last edited:
I think it was 2012, its now in my shed in bits lol. I much prefer the motovert type r I have, but the zochies and fox podium rear shock could be the reason why lol. Will sell you that when I've built the 252cc Daytona engine to put back into it ;)

Sent from my ALCATEL_4034A using Tapatalk

Yeh they have change a but since 2012 when braaap was selling them here.

This is the new 17 model

9816d6903be9b40a37dd0b37e5fdbb8c.jpg

Specs - http://www.ycf-motorcycles.com.au/uploads/productdoc/58bccc22650e3.pdf

When i went and had a look at the 15 model with same suspension it felt nice. And by far like the look and quality of these things over any bike i have looked at, and own including my vert.

Attachments

• f1a8450fc4185efe0e245aa9a18f59e7605e3b97.jpg
    f1a8450fc4185efe0e245aa9a18f59e7605e3b97.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
they are definitely a quality looking machine thats for sure!! 7k for a brand new 17 model here in nz......bit pricey for me and they dont come with oil coolers!!
I think i'll stick with my lxr's for now, until I win lotto anyway. lol

I wonder if that exhaust system would fit in/on an lxr frame with daytona 190??

Yeh they $4500 here in aus. Would prob be cheaper for you to buy it here and send it over lol. And yeh i told the dealer that if i got one i want the oil cooler on it for the same price.

Not sure antnz, if i end up buying one after nye ill try it out for you and let ya know

Yeh they $4500 here in aus. Would prob be cheaper for you to buy it here and send it over lol. And yeh i told the dealer that if i got one i want the oil cooler on it for the same price.

Not sure antnz, if i end up buying one after nye ill try it out for you and let ya know

That would be great, going to get a 190anima eventually, havn't been able to find a header pipe that will go in the lxr frame wth a crf port for the anima..
Dhz did have them for the lxr but have been out of stock for ages, dont even know if they gonna get more in or not, prob not as the lxr's with linkage and this style frame are no loner in production..

With the amount of coin your looking to spend
Would you consider buying a 2nd bike like a BBR ?
You could definitely find one if your looking at spending 4500
And it would most likely come with a kitaco or takeawa big bore in it
The BBR’s handle a treat , if I had my time over , I’d buy bbr straight up

Latest posts

Back