Calling all Postie/CT110 Riders!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Packie

Reaction score
Hello everybody

A few months ago I was looking up Postie bike adventures and came across a blog/article of a guy and his mates who went on their own DIY adventure. Whilst I'm interested in doing one myself, he mentioned one thing that had me in stitches, but gave me a brilliantly fun idea...

He, just like myself, was from the Sunshine Coast and decided to call his little triage of riders the 'Sunshine Post Crew'. When I read those words a lightbulb lit up in my head for a fun way to connect all us Posties.

I thought it would be cool to message the lad and ask if it'd be alright to use that name, Sunshine Post Crew, to stick onto some shirt/patches for anybody with a Postie who wants to connect and ride together. Sort of like a Postie MC. Create a Facebook page and everything to get us all together, whether you're from the Sunshine Coast or not. Doesn't matter if your Weapon of Minor Destruction is a custom job or a regular red devil, if you ride a Postie, you're in.

Anyone interested? I know there's heaps of Postie groups out there, but hey couldn't hurt to have another.

Haha hell yeah mate I'm keen!:action-smiley-035:

I'm a sunny coast local too but unfortunately my "busted ass red devil" is in a state of repair without reg atm. Doesn't need much to get her on the road though, but she's been put on the back burner due to a few renos. Would be good to have a fresh reason to get her going again!

Oh mate if you ever need a hand, I'd be happy to help

Thought it'd be fun to have 20+ Posties with Sunshine Post Crew rolling down the streets

I'm trying to convince myself not to mess with my Postie, do I keep it original or go for a dirt-bob look that I've always wanted

I always had plans to do a similar build to Fiddy riders postie, but I'm willing to settle with a 160 with a 184 kit in a rusty old paddock basher style. Something to give the local motards a run for their money ya know.. ;)

I think I wanna stick with the OG Postie look since my names Pat - Postie Pat

but the dirt-bob idea is reallllllyyyyyyy sticking inside my head, so I might have to go with that soon...
plus I can always pick up another original red devil anyway ;)

I just need to fix the rear indicators, get a new 6v flasher, headlight bulb and LHS bar controls and I'm all set for a roady. I've seen an ad on gumtree for a bloke not far from me wrecking ct's so I might go see what he's got through the week.

I've seen that ad as well, let us know how he goes I've been thinking about going down there and having a look myself.

I've convinced myself to go with a dirt-bob, my only issues are:

Fuel tank (need to weld a bar on to make it fit better and look good)
Ignition (if the tank sits too far up it'll cover the ignition)
Cutting the rear fender
Lights + indicators

It's not necessarily difficult I just wanna make sure I get it all done well so it looks good, seen a bunch of chopper-posties on google that just look like crap.

Is it possible to fit a springer front end on a Postie?
Expensive, but how difficult?

Latest posts

Back