can i get more power out of my old bike or do i get a new one

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake2005

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a mxb 125cc pitbike, I have had it for about 2/3 years now and stills work perfect never had a problem with it, I am in 2 minds weather to keep it what would you recommend to do to get more power out of it please say why and if you have any proof of it giving more power (top speed/ acceleration). Or do you think it is time to get a new bike preferably a demon x/ stomp/ wpb 140 or 160 please also say why

Thanks,
Jake

Welcome to Miniriders,

Drop in and say hello in our Introduce Yourself thread too.

If it's still good condition, sell it off and get yourself a better bike.
Try and find something with a YX160 or ZS Z160Ho etc, the are a lot better poower wise, and can be upgraded easily at any time.
You can buy a bolt on TB 64mm cylinder/piston kit (Big Bore kit) for them which will take it out to a 184cc
and add a TB V2 race head for some more grunt.

Otherwise if money isn't a factor, then buy a bike with the Daytona 190FDX engine.

cheers, Craig

Thanks much appreciated I'll have a look at some of the bikes what's your opinion on the m2r km140mx

From what i have read on that bike here - M2R Racing KM140MX 140cc Petrol 82cm Red Pit Bike
It would just be a step up from what you have already with the MXB125.
The frame will be a bit bigger/taller being CRF70, the brakes would be a bit better, and the forks will be like yours' were when new.
It is still a fairly basic Pit Bike, just bigger engine and the 140cc won't be a huge difference over the 125cc

Latest posts

Back