Can I ride this?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrueTexan

Reaction score
First of all, I would like to say hi to everyone. Let me explain my situation. A few years ago a friend of my dad's dropped off a broken down rust bucket saying we could have it and it worked fine :rolleyes:. We fixed it up and got it running I rode it up and down the street, then put it back in the shed. So its been there for maybe... 3-6 years. Its hard to tell. I've got a friend who is obsessed with dirt bikes and was talking about pit bikes the other day explaining how he was going to spend "only" $750 on one. I'm a broke 17 year old who works 12 hours a week minimum wage so buying one was out of the picture at least until I start working in the summer again. Most of the money I make goes to college fund. I remembered the rust bucket out in my shed pulled it out and it looks like it only needs a new pull starter which I can get off ebay for like $9. Its a dr 50cc 2 stroke chinese off brand. Apparently from what I've been reading parents buy there young children these types of bikesto learn on. Sounds pretty pathetic but I don't really care. I've got a few friends who live out on farm land. Can I take a bike like this out in the fields and just tear it up. Are there any upgrades to make this bike less of a "kid's bike?" If its cool, I can post a link to the bike that I have. Thanks everyone and greetings from Texas. :)

Last edited:
First of all welcome to miniriders :) Best bet would be to post up a pic of what you have currently or a link to something similar.

This is really the only webpage I could find and it is in spanish... So you'll have to translate it with google translator if you would like to read everything: http://www.maquinariayocio.com/Dirt-Bike-DR-50cc-Con-Arranque-Electrico-y-Luces
Here are the specs in english:
"Attractive design with light in front and Ox twin exhaust rear
Final assembly ended with all the electronics mounted
Engine: transmission sprocket Chain After Direct.
Braking system brake lever Double With Oval Discs
Max speed 60 km / h
With its electronic ignition it can learn to pull out your bike and take an adult without Pull the handle every time you go out.
It has a 50cc engine Fully automatic air cooled
Includes charger and carrying case Direct instruction manual in Castilian ..
50cc 2-stroke engine
Carburetor body double.
4.5 HP motor at 7000rpm
Front and rear wheels 13 "
Brake discs front and rear net weight: 48kg Gross Weight: 52kg Carton Size: 150 x 54.5 x 60 cm"

Last edited:
im not sure much about making it less of a kids bike, unless you can put bigger wheels on it
i would probably buy a new starter or re-wind the rope with some new rope (there is alot of tutorials on youtube)
and also clean out the carby (also alot of tutorials on youtube) and then ride it for fun and in the mean time save up for a larger bike if i wanted one

dont get me wrong 50's are fun hell any bike is fun :)

not worth spending anything more than necessary to make it run. It's only a 50cc and always will be. No matter what you do to it it's never going to be as good as replacing it with a 140/150/160cc or bigger. So the more money you spend on it, the further away it takes you from actually buying a better bike

not worth spending anything more than necessary to make it run. It's only a 50cc and always will be. No matter what you do to it it's never going to be as good as replacing it with a 140/150/160cc or bigger. So the more money you spend on it, the further away it takes you from actually buying a better bike
thats what i was trying to say, just nicer

there is prolly nothing wrong with it that you will need to spend money on anyways rewind the pulstart and clean the carby and then ride it till the wheels fall off

This is really the only webpage I could find and it is in spanish... So you'll have to translate it with google translator if you would like to read everything: http://www.maquinariayocio.com/Dirt-Bike-DR-50cc-Con-Arranque-Electrico-y-Luces
Here are the specs in english:
"Attractive design with light in front and Ox twin exhaust rear
Final assembly ended with all the electronics mounted
Engine: transmission sprocket Chain After Direct.
Braking system brake lever Double With Oval Discs
Max speed 60 km / h
With its electronic ignition it can learn to pull out your bike and take an adult without Pull the handle every time you go out.
It has a 50cc engine Fully automatic air cooled
Includes charger and carrying case Direct instruction manual in Castilian ..
50cc 2-stroke engine
Carburetor body double.
4.5 HP motor at 7000rpm
Front and rear wheels 13 "
Brake discs front and rear net weight: 48kg Gross Weight: 52kg Carton Size: 150 x 54.5 x 60 cm"

There is a translate link on the top of the page where you can change it to english or whatever you want.(Is that what you meant), As for the bike it depends on your weight, the frames are quite weak but if your just cutting around on it on the flat and not jumping or needing to use the suspension much then it will last a little while, check for frame cracks and strengthen if need be. You can get hi-compression kits and big bore kits for the Huasheng 50cc pull start motor. You can also purchase little race carbs for the stock engine or big bore kits for these engines. But like joshy(needapitty) said just get out there and thrash it and enjoy yourself mate.

welder handy? go for it :)

and being a popsmoker...make a tuned pipe. dont buy. make. anything you buy will be just as chinese, cheap, and :poop:

they arent that hard to make! i did one with a bit of star stake as my folder ;) software to calculate dimensions is cheap to free, software to pattern out cones is free, skills only come with practise...

chains usually let go if it has that super fine pitch with a 6t sprocket on the clutchbell. some abuse with the grinder, welder and a straight edge on the sprockets really works wonders... if its got a redux box, go up a size in chain and sprockets. welder again...

the welder is the first and only upgrade one should make :cool:

Latest posts

Back