Can I run 660mm gpx forks with 10 inch wheels

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fryzee

Reaction score
I just brought sum 660 mm gpx black label forks. For a bike I'm doing up I wanna run 10 inch wheels on it but the brake calliper is hitting the rim can I get a smaller one to fit or carnt u run 10 inch with these forks any helps cheers

Gpx black label forks trouble

Got a set of gpx black labels the other day and I'm trying to keep running my 10inch wheels but the calliper I got with it seems to big can u even run a 10 inch with these forks or am I out of luck and gota go a bigger wheel

Welcome to Miniriders,
Drop in and say hello in our Introduce Yourself thread while you're here too.
http://www.miniriders.com/general-chat/20824-introduce-yourself.html

Can you post up a picture?
You might be able to change calipers but we need to see what you have now in the way of wheel, disc and caliper etc

New to this so haven't Sussed out how to post pics sorry.. But yer I got the 660 mm gpx forks it came with the calliper and disc it's a 190mm disc that and the front wheel are all from dhz I think.

Last edited:
Pics help, you can sometimes change the calliper mounting bracket or go single pot calliper if it's a dual? A smaller calliper and bracket you could run is a formula brake setup. Give us a look at a few pics and angles of what you've got and trying to fit and I'm sure we can help better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pics help, you can sometimes change the calliper mounting bracket or go single pot calliper if it's a dual? A smaller calliper and bracket you could run is a formula brake setup. Give us a look at a few pics and angles of what you've got and trying to fit and I'm sure we can help better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not very good pics but any help would be handy cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    664.4 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    694.8 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 9
Looks like you might be able to run a smaller twin piston caliper with the disc that's on it now.
But it'll require a custom made Caliper mount.

Other option is to run a 12" front wheel, but that'll bring the front up higher again.

I ended up just filing some off the calliper and now fits great slowly getting sum were now with the new buildimage.jpg

Latest posts

Back