Can I run standard ignition on my Lifan 150?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FiddyBasher

Reaction score
Hey.... ive bought a new atomik 150 that i am having mega ignition drama's with (weak or intimittent spark) and atomik dont care about fullfilling their warrantee obligation, so i was wondering if i could just swap over my ignition setup from my pitpro 125 and run a race cdi to make it spark a bit better? Are these interchangable? I understand i'll hafta swap over my whole loom from my 125, just wondering if it'll work though... cheers riley
PS I just really wanna ride my new bigfoot... :(

i dont think the pitpro 125 coil will have enuff "balls" to keep the 150 motor sparking...

i would just ring up atomik an tell them to replace/fix it or u will go to consumer afiars!

I'm just over it. Sick of hearing "too busy" when all i wanna do is ride. Atomik are a poor company run by slack people in my experience. What would consumer affairs do?

As far as the coil not being up to it, couldn't i just run my 150 coil with my 125 loom, stator, cdi etc.

I have done/checked everything that it could be, carby, electrical connections, spark plug, coil and now all that i can really be is the stator or cdi unit. I already have a hi-revving CDI that i have never used so that should up the spark a bit yeah?

yeh atomik take like an hour to get ur bike on the trailer went to pitpro they got my bike in our trailer in about 3 minutes atomik have shit service and i wouldnt rekomend them to anyone

As far as the coil not being up to it, couldn't i just run my 150 coil with my 125 loom, stator, cdi etc.

Yes the coil will work. I would check the earth at the kill switch. Could be the problem. The cdi off your 125 wont work either, the 150 has an inner rotor yx or outer rotor if it is a lifan. If you get too stuck take it to a mechanic and get their oppinion. A six pack will usually be a good payment for that.

you can use the ignition from a 125 but you have to change the cdi too......but whats the problem with the outer rotor??..weak spark normaly a sign of a busted coil or weak mass connection...??

Well... after cracking the shits and threathening to contact consumer affairs they fixed it in one day. Turns out there must have been a loose wire in the magneto/stator so they fitted an inner rotor kit to it... all good now, been fangin round on it for two days now without any probs. the real test will be this weekend hope when i do the Enfield loop, about a 4 hour ride... hope nothing goes wrong this time. Riley.

Latest posts

Back