Can you register a Yz 250 or a crf 250 motocross bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crf250x?
Yz 250wr very old and hard to find
it is possible, alot of money get something with that magic compliance plate and put some lights on and off you go.

Is the maintenance on a crf250x the same as a 250r ?

this is what zwebx was talking about, no you cant rego a yz250 or crf250r due to the fact they were built for motocross so they dont come with a compliance plate, when i was working at the local yamaha dealership we had a 2014 yz450 getting kitted out with a rec rego kit in then shop, it just needed to be wired up... and also you usually find that "motards" that were made for recreational use not commuting everyday, they ussaully go through gearboxes pretty quick...
yeah as far as i know the crf250x and the R are pretty much the same other then performance parts to help the R model abit and the X model having elec start and ect ect....

Thanks for the responses guys, big massive huge help

Thanks for the responses guys, big massive huge help

in the good old days l had a registered cr500 and a yz 490 with road rims (full road rego) early to mid 90s .bike shops used to basically use vin numbers off xr 600s or xt 600 . Then known as chook chasers . and as known today as motards . And a if you ever had a chance to throw your leg over ........F &%$

Registered cr500 oh that must be heaven

Registered cr500 oh that must be heaven

As fortunate as we are with the selection of todays handling and performance of dirt bikes . There is nothing quite like a 500 2 stroke. every time l sold one the new owner would start shaking before the test ride. Riding a 500 prepares you for death ..

Living dangerous is the way to go, more thrill

As fortunate as we are with the selection of todays handling and performance of dirt bikes . There is nothing quite like a 500 2 stroke. every time l sold one the new owner would start shaking before the test ride. Riding a 500 prepares you for death ..

hahaha, I had 2 x CR 480's and a CR 500 back in the day. I remember one guy test riding a 480 and he could barely stand he was shaking that much afterwards.

The only difference motor wise between the R and the X is the X has a different cam and wide ratio gear box.

You can buy my 250x if you to register a bike. I have all the bit's there as well.

Latest posts

Back