canberra and surroudning

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longmmit

Reaction score
hey,
was jus wondering if there is any good places to ride in canberra or surrounding area's. jus been cruzing round the streets, but want so good dirt places to ride, few jumps etc.
n e places would be great,
thanx, mitch

Mate,, I've been asking the same question for a few weeks now..

Just moved back to canberra so I'm trying to find out where to ride..

I have found 1 tiny little track out near the sewage works in Belconnen... It's only small. but its doing me for now away from houses and stuff, so no hassle from cops ect... for info just reply

Apparently there is another track at the back of Spence, on the road that takes you to Murrambateman, I've yet to check it out so let you know...

And i also heard there is a proper track out Yass way, $25 for the day, still have no further info as im in your boat... Will post further info as i know myself how frustrating it is with nowhere to ride!!!

Matty J

hey matty,
yeah i heard that the place in yass has closed, but not sure. would be awesome if it was still good. i live down in gordon, so no where near belconnen. My bloody bro was riding yesterday round the streets and some1 called the cops, so they lookin out round here for a while.
give us a yell if u find out more bout the 1 in yass.
cheers mate,
mitch

Yass is Fullbore

Gday fella's, the MX park in Yass is call Fullbore. It is in this months ADB Mag. Their phone number is 04379902031 Micheal or Jodie. 230acres mx supercross endruo. I have not been there yet but it should be a cool place to ride.
Cheers.

might give that a go. in tharwa, if u follow smiths road, turns to dirt, then few kms down, there is a cattle grate. jus after it on the right is a gate. can ride there legally word is. going tomoro.
will get back to ya's

Fullbore

Hey dudes...

Just spoke to Mick at Fullbore in Yass..

He has about 5 tracks on his property..some beginners, kids, experts, enduro ect...

Saturdays and Sundays, $20 a day...

He's emailing me the directions ect, so I'll post them asap...

Let us know how the track in tharwa was

Matty J:D

Full bore who's com'n

G'day, going riding this sunday from 9am at full bore mx park. Gona be awsome, All welcome, it would be great to fang it with some other mini' riders. I'm taking big bike also.

Directions, From North Canberra:

Follow the Barton Hwy past Yass, take the Goulburn / Sydney exit onto the
Hume Hwy, follow the Hume Hwy and turn right onto Lade Vale Road, (located
directly opposite the Jerrawa turnoff) go over the grid and turn left then
turn right onto Lade Vale Road (which is a dirt road) and follow Lade Vale
Road for about 4 Klms, turn right onto Iron Mines Road and follow to the
end, take the left hand side grid (“Sunrise”), follow the driveway for a few
metres then veer off to the right, you are now on Full Bore’s driveway,
follow to the end to access.

From South Canberra / Queanbeyan / Sutton / Bungendore:

From Queanbeyan travel through Sutton and go all the way through to
Gundaroo, keep going through Gundaroo and go a further 30kms, turn left onto
Lade Vale Road, follow Lade Vale Road (half tar and half dirt) and you will
come to 2 dips in the road, after the second dip turn left onto Iron Mines
Road and follow to the end, take the left hand side grid (“Sunrise”), follow
the driveway for a few metres then veer off to the right, you are now on
Full Bore’s driveway, follow to the end to access.

Michael at full bore, 0437 990 203
Peace, Jindabyne crew.

there are a few bmx track and jumps around the tuggeranong area too:
Kambah BMX track - this is a good one but you need to either park a little distance away or ride there cos ppl will call the cops and you will need to do a runner
Monash BMX jumps - this place is full of HUGE jumps that minis can hit hard!
Old Tuggeranong road - go there and just explore, there are plenty of good tracks around there, near the paintball place

if you want any details or someone to go riding with just message me.
We need to set up a ride day with all the mini riders in canberra, maybe out at fairbairn track or just out somewhere

hey guys,
sorry took ages to reply, net not been working. went to this place in tharwa, was pretty fun to jus fuck round on. heaps ppl on bigger bikes aswell etc.
if u jus go to tharwa, and turn down smiths road. you gota follow it for afew kms on dirt road and stuff. when u get to a cattle great, approx 7 kms down smiths road, there will be a gate after it on the left. say "plz shut gate" or somfin. got tracks through bush and stuff. good fun
check it out fella's

hey guys,
jus wondering how full bore went, was it n e good. reccomend giving it a go or wat?
ta

Full bore

Full bore is great ridinging for all levels. 3 Tracks that are good for Pit bikes. The owner is thinking of building anthor track just for pitbikes, so get out there and show support. The bush single track is unreal, but make sure your bike is in good order first. The dust was unbelievable though, I had to clean the dust out of my carbie next day. Mostly for big bikes but it has alot of potential.
Ride on.:)

tracks in canberra

Out the back of holt are some good dirt roads just to bum around on away from everything near the gininderra falls entrance. Down at the cotta there are some absolute awersome tracks but be warned the terrain can get a bit hairy.... Also heard that gugong gauge has some great tracks out at fairburn so will keep you posted we just head out with a map and bike and go from there

hey, i was wondering if anyone has been out riding in the brindabellas..? my mates been out there on his 125 but i was wondering if its any good for 50s

OK all Canberra mini riders!!!
We have decided to start a mini club in the ACT to stop everyone from getting fined and in sh*t for riding!! We aim to find places for ride days weekly in the ACT area, and also to lobby the government to build some facilities for us. There are thousands of minis in Canberra and we need to get together and all move in the same direction.
REMEMBER: if we have a legitimate club for adults and kids who ride minis, the government will have to recognise us and hear our proposals!!
So if you want to join, or if you would like to take an organisational role in this, PM me or email me on [email protected] for more info

How do you think skateparks and bike tracks get built? The skaters and riders get together, get organised and do something about the fact that they need somewhere to pursue their chosen hobbies.

C’mon guys! We need to show the community and the government that we are not just immature pains in the asses! Let’s do this right.

Looking for a track Wamboin/bungendore way

Hi im desperatly trying to find a good enduro style track for a young man that has out grown my property.

I think its great he loves to ride his bike but my 5 acres are now looking small as well as hacked!

He just needs a couple of K's of open tracks with some lumps and bumps for excitement.

Please help me and my property give a young man a thrill as well

Thankyou

OK all Canberra mini riders!!!
We have decided to start a mini club in the ACT to stop everyone from getting fined and in sh*t for riding!! We aim to find places for ride days weekly in the ACT area, and also to lobby the government to build some facilities for us. There are thousands of minis in Canberra and we need to get together and all move in the same direction.
REMEMBER: if we have a legitimate club for adults and kids who ride minis, the government will have to recognise us and hear our proposals!!
So if you want to join, or if you would like to take an organisational role in this, PM me or email me on [email protected] for more info

How do you think skateparks and bike tracks get built? The skaters and riders get together, get organised and do something about the fact that they need somewhere to pursue their chosen hobbies.

C’mon guys! We need to show the community and the government that we are not just immature pains in the asses! Let’s do this right.

I'd like to register my interest in an ACT club. I'm into all styles or riding fiftys including motorcross, supermoto and stunting. I ride at quite a few mate's properties on my big bike and have taken my CRF50 out before but generally the jumps aren't really ideal as they are suited for the bigger bikes. Having said that, Roads End / Full Bore MX and Captains flat would be good spots to get a group of riders together without having to worry about road blockers like insurance. Mick at Roads End isn't interested in having any type of racing on his property so if you were going to have 'events' there the best it could be is a social gathering. I've looked into this myself. Some blokes on fifty's burnt Mick before (promising the world just to ride there for free) so he is a bit dubious to say the least. I only ride my big bike there now, was out there a couple of weeks ago actually.

I know a few people that have been down the path of hassling the government and forming clubs with little success. El Wazza is one of them, he runs a fifty store at the Fisher Shops. Another guy who seemed really keen and organised tried desperately to arrange a pocketbike club that never took off and was hassling the go kart club to use their track but no luck there either.

Skateparks and BMX tracks get built because they are for non-powered use only. Canberra politicians hate motorsport with a passion. Hence non-powered watercaft can only be used on our lakes, and go karts and riding at Fairbairn have to be run on the same day no more than once per month. Even the V8s was setup for failure before it even began running the even in the middle of winter hence the organisers pulling out of the 3rd year in a 3 year deal. Oh, and don't start me on a dragway!

Anyway, have you had much interest in forming a club in Canberra? Do you have many members?

Hi New in CAnberra and I want a MINI!

Hello t everybody!

I just moved to canberra from europe.

I used to have 3 mini motor cross bikes. 50cc

I would like to to buy a mini here but I have no idea where!!

Can anybody help me!?
My phone number is 04 24 96 06 09. sms me please! :)

Please let me know!
Mati

hey, i was wondering if anyone has been out riding in the brindabellas..? my mates been out there on his 125 but i was wondering if its any good for 50s

i have just started learnin 2 ride and am on a rediculously huge bike so i'm probably a really bad example but i used to ride out in da brindys a bit wen i was learnin. i had a great time out there but just a bit of advice make sure if u do wanna ride out there, that some1 is wit u that really knows da place back 2 front coz it is bloody easy 2 get lost i no from experience. but if u take some1 wit u it is a good place 2 ride and i have seen ppl on 50's that seemed 2 b goin fine. oh and watch out 4 da rangers they don't like ppl ridin out there very much. but we have been out plenty of times and only run across them once and if da bike is registered and u have a bike license they don't hassle u 2 much.

orion pit bikes

yo guyes what do you know about orion pit bikes. they look like there pretty good quality, and i think they also make replasement parts.

Latest posts

Back